touring france

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We are first time caravanners and are touring france for 6 months this year with our two toddlers. Any advice? We are thinking of purchasig a new bailey ranger? From experience are they value for money?

Thanks for your help

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We have had 2 rangers a 440 then a 510. We were pleased with both and would recomend them as a good buy. We prefer the end washroom layout as it gives room to move and to wash children. Side washroom is cramped. it depends on the sites you use and facilities available.

Good luck with the trip. Roads in France are better than ours for towing on.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Chris.

Touring in France, Be aware of bogus French cops. they have been known to hijack unsuspecting tuorists. the givaway is the real cops do not wear white shirts.Towing speed in Frace & Spain is now 50mph, in Spain the driver must wear a hi visability Jacket at all times. they take their Trafic laws very serious, get up to date info before you travel, from Camping Club Or RAC, Have fun

Jim

BJ

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
You will find that many people are caravanning (or Motorhoming) long term or even full time.

MMM the Motorhome mag has a seris of articles in their current issues on this subject.

You need to be aware of

1) Gas - you cannoy change your CLOR gas bottle abroad. Thus you need either to carry enough to last you. (I find a 6k Propane lasats me over 6 weeks in summer), or convert to CAPMING GAZ, which you can exchange abroad, normally in large supermarkets.

2)If you have acar that requires MOT or Tax whilst you are away you will not be able to renew whilst abroad. Get the MOT done before you go and get a new tax disc before filling in a form from Post Office to get refund on your old disc.

Have a great time.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
chris i have been touring for 20 years Bailey are good vans ,great value for money.I have just bought a new bailey bordeaux,which i am delightec with.I expect you have joined one of the clubs which is good value for money,with dicounts on sites and ferries.It is always time well spent reading this forum and postig quistions,i would also recomend you try [www.caravan talk.com]Which is also a good forum and full of advice and links.But firstly you have chosen a good caravan make,and i hope you enjoy your new hobby

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Had a ranger 510 and changed it for an Elddis Typhoon last year becasue the side washroom in the Bailey was too small. I'm 5"2'. Endless problems with the Typhoon. Construction quality lousy. In contrast no problems with the Bailey and it was about

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Another thumbs up for the Ranger - had ours new from 2002 and love it. I think they are so popular now it is difficult to get a new one without joining a long waiting list.

Best wishes.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts