Touring Site near Stoke,Staffs.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Can anyone recommend a site in this area with excellent ammenities, will be visiting Alton Towers etc to keep the kids happy.Are there any other recommended local attractions.

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
The C & CC site at leek is Idealy positioned for touring that area,good pub for food approx 1 mile from site. Several NT sites in locality, Wedgewood factory nearby.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Darryl, I can thoroughly recommend the C&CC site at Blackshaw Moor in Leek that Steve has recommended. It is right on the door step of the Roaches which offers excellent walking and beautiful scenery. The pub STve refers to is (I think) called the Three Horseshoes and does an excellent carvery which is reasonably priced. THere is also a CC site nearby but I have never stayed there.

Failing that if you want to be very close to Alton Towers there is a commercial site called 'STar Caravan and Camping Park' which is in Alton village itself. I have stayed there only once and found it ok, clean and again with a fairly good choce of pubs within driving distance.

Alton Towers apart it is a beautiful part of the country which is often overlooked and tends to be overshadowed by Derbyshire. I lived and worked there for a number of years and it remains one of my favourite bits of the UK. Have a great time.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
You might try West Midlands Safari Park - keep the car windows shut when driving through the lions enclosures - and Cadbury World - book some days ahead, midday sort of time. Both a bit of a hike from Stoke but much approved by the young ones.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Can recommend 'Quarry Walk Park', which is at Freehay, Staffs, about 3 miles from Alton village. This is a beautifully set site in an old stone quarry, now thickly wooded. All pitches have hardstanding and water and electric hook up. Open all year. They have a website too (haven't got it, sorry!). There are walks around the site in the woods, and the surrounding countryside is absolutely beautiful. Loads to see and do in addition to the inevitable Alton Towers!. Hope this helps.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I've lived in stoke all my life. Caravan sites actually in and around the potteries are very thin on the ground since Trentham Gardens caravan site closed. If anyone has got a couple of

Jan 9, 2006
Visit site
go to glencote in cheddleton you will love it,fishing pool,two good pubs within walking dist,dead flat pitches,and a superb toilet block,but book first dead popular.01538 361788.a stokie

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts