Jul 5, 2005
Visit site
recently purchased new tow bar for passat. two tow balls supplied, one gold A50-X, one black type 30.980. which should i use? and whats the difference. assume its not just cosmetic?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
stephen, I would guess that the gold one is a standard ball and the balack one an extended kneck one for using with an Alko hitch/stabaliser. Check www.towsure.com items B666 for black one and B50EC for gold. Ray

Jul 5, 2005
Visit site
stephen, I would guess that the gold one is a standard ball and the balack one an extended kneck one for using with an Alko hitch/stabaliser. Check www.towsure.com items B666 for black one and B50EC for gold. Ray
thanks ray. have alko hitch/stabaliser so black one it will be.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Stephen, if using the black painted towball, remember all the black paint on the head needs to be removed or it acts as a lubricant on the AL-KO stabiliser pads and therefore negate there effectiveness. Medium emery will do the job and also obtain a tin of Brake Drum cleaner from Halfords or someware simmilar, a quick squirt and wipe with a cloth will ensure there is NO grease present before hitching up. The tin will last for ages.

Brian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Stephen, Alko website( al-ko.co.uk)under support/caravans, they have a page headed Towball guide & tip sheet, which you can download onto a a4 sheet, gives you all the info regarding the differnce in tow balls.

Roy

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts