tow car 7 seater

Feb 21, 2008
Visit site
Help getting rid of my terrano 2.7 td to heavy on the fuel thinking of buying a kia sedona 2.9 td have around £3000 had one before good tow cars but had problems with cluth/ geerbox was just wondering is this common on these cars or can any one suggest anything else towing a swift chrisma 590 twin axle

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi why not try Suzuki grand vitara XL7 7seater 2L diesel

first class tow car & reasonable on fuel . I tow charisma 620

no problems . 1800k towing limet.

Sep 13, 2006
Visit site
We tow a compass corona 636 TA (mtplm 1700kg)with a Seat Alhambra TDI PD (kerb weight 1820kg) if it was fully loaded this would equate to a towing ratio of around 95%.

This is a more stable outfit than when we towed with a LWB Shogun at around 80%, so much so that if I were to change car I think I would just go for a newer Alhambra.

MPG up to 50+ solo and late 20s towing our heavy van.

Nov 9, 2006
Visit site
Just traded my VW Sharan for a Volvo XC90.

Sharan/Galaxy/Alhambra same thing - although the Sharan was a great family car, very good on fuel, stable towing (my Coachman amara is no lightweight) quick also flew up gradients, the only downside was traction on anything slippy.

Dreaded getting off a field that was slightly wet.

If you go for sites where you can drive straight off tarmac onto the pitch rather than having to go across a field then great.

Only towed for 1 year, at the end of which I decided we needed to change for something with drive to all 4 wheels - I was not convinced 4 wheel drive was necessary until I had had my experiences, but now I am wiser.

May 22, 2008
Visit site
I have a Kia Sedona 12 months old a really great tow car Down Side is its on its third engine when it gets back from Spain later this month and it has taken 2 months to sort out.but it is under warranty!!!!! ha ha

Feb 24, 2008
Visit site
We ran a Sedona for a couple of years and have just bought an 05 Terrano (with a Mondeo in between). From memory I dont think the Sedona is any more economical than the Terrano we now have. If it is then the difference is negligible and wouldnt justify spending

Jun 10, 2007
Visit site
We're on to our 3rd terrano the second was a 2.7 1997 and the latest is the 3.0 dci 2002 and it gives a better mpg of around 32 as compared with 30 from the old one it has the Nissan Patrol engine and it tows like a dream we would be loathed to give it up as no idea what would tow any better but with soaring costs in fuel and road tax it seems if you have a good tow car pre 2001 you'll not be caught for the 200 rise in tax by 2010 on this car. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
ProfJohnL said:
Turps said:
Would love an XC 90 but so expensive!! Thanks

You have just answered and thanked a 10 year old post! I'm not sure if Wombat is still aroud the forum.

The thing is prof I don't know if it's the same for yous but the version of this forum that I am using there is no time date or stamp on the last post so you have no idea when the last post was submitted ...... :blush:

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
Craigyoung said:

The thing is prof I don't know if it's the same for yous but the version of this forum that I am using there is no time date or stamp on the last post so you have no idea when the last post was submitted ...... :blush:

Craig,

If I use the mobile app there are no post dates shown, dates are shown in the non-mobile app version.

Perhaps the site administrators can fix this.

Anseo

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts