tow-car outlander

Oct 4, 2007
Visit site
am thinking of changeing my 3.2did shogun for a 2.0did outlander ,has anybody owned and towed with this model? I have been told that they are changing this engine for a 2.2did is it because it is underpowered or just to keep up with the same bodied peugot and citroen? tony

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
The Mitsubishi/Peugeot/Citroen are clones - virtually identical apart from the front end styling. Although Mitsubishi carried over the VW 2.0 diesel from the old Outlander, they now have the PSA 2.2HDi available courtesy of their production arrangement with PSA and there's no point using two different diesel engines on the same production line.

Whether the VW 2.0 is underpowered or the PSA 2.2 offers more power could be debated for ever - how much power do you need?

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
The Mitsubishi/Peugeot/Citroen are clones - virtually identical apart from the front end styling. Although Mitsubishi carried over the VW 2.0 diesel from the old Outlander, they now have the PSA 2.2HDi available courtesy of their production arrangement with PSA and there's no point using two different diesel engines on the same production line.

Whether the VW 2.0 is underpowered or the PSA 2.2 offers more power could be debated for ever - how much power do you need?
hi tony,

i have driven 2.0 and 2.2 versions and personally i think the 2.o is smoother and quite powerful enough and you there is a mitusubushi approved supply and fit chip .Because the 2,2 is about now you will get a better deal on the 2.0. That said,i ruled them out becuase on a day long drive and following advice on times driving supplement i found the deceptively looking cosy seats made by backache,give it a good run first.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts