Mar 18, 2007
Visit site
i tow with a citreon piccasso desire or not is the case i have a elldiss typhoon laden weight is 1125 kg the limet on car is 1300 iam what you call a seasoned caravaner so van is loaded properly tyres are the right pressure so the min i hit 50mph the car is all over the place then it transferrs to caravan has anyone else have this problem with there citreon or there outfit desperste for this info cant get no help from citreon the car is now year old with 5000 miles on the clock

Mar 13, 2007
Visit site
hi ralph

do you use a stablizer on the outfit

sounds like a stability problem to me the old dogs tail wagging the dog scenario

I had a similar problem when i first towed my bailey the dealer where I bought it said the alko ball hitch on the van meant a stablizer was not required but driving it down the motorway on the way home proved that statment false

having sold all my kit with the old van I looked for another and found one on e-bay an old scott type after fitting a new friction pad it work a treat no problems since then and iv'e been both ends of the country with it

a little tip here allthough you probably know this allready tighten it up so you can just move it and keep the nose weight at maximum for the car

I personnaly over do it by about 5kg to make sure there's enough down force on the ball which isn't a problem as the old scott has a rather heavy spring that needs about 35kg of pull to move it

also check the rear suspension of the citroen to make sure it's not too soft I know the picasso is used for towing quite a bit

so some one must have a answer for you

good luck colin

Mar 13, 2007
Visit site
hi ralph

sounds like a stability problem to me the old dogs tail wagging the dog scenario

I had a similar problem when i first towed my bailey the dealer where I bought it said the alko ball hitch on the van meant a stablizer was not required but driving it down the motorway on the way home proved that statment false

having sold all my kit with the old van I looked for another and found one on e-bay an old scott type after fitting a new friction pad it work a treat no problems since then and iv'e been both ends of the country with it

a little tip here allthough you probably know this allready tighten it up so you can just move it and keep the nose weight at maximum for the car

I personnaly over do it by about 5kg to make sure there's enough down force on the ball which isn't a problem as the old scott has a rather heavy spring that needs about 35kg of pull to move it

also check the rear suspension of the citroen to make sure it's not too soft I know the picasso is used for towing quite a bit

good luck colin
p.s

is the van level when hitched up I try and get it as level as possible as nose up or nose down affects the air flow over the unit

Apr 5, 2007
Visit site
hi ralph

good luck colin
What is Kia Sportage like to tow with?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts