Aug 22, 2005
Visit site
I have a vauxhall Zafria 2.0ltr DTI. I at present tow a avondale custom perle 5 berth.In the magazine they seem to miss the zafria as a tow car. Does anyone rate this as a tow car or have I bought a wet fish.

Jun 13, 2005
Visit site
Hi Mark,

The 2.0 ltr dti Zafira has a very low maximum towing limit considering its size. It can only pull 1050kg which is'nt much by todays standards. I think it may partly be due to the fact that it is a seven seater, so extra weight is is allowed for in the gross vehicle weight figure. This reduces the max tow weight when subtracted from the gross train weight.

Aug 22, 2005
Visit site
Hi Mark,

The 2.0 ltr dti Zafira has a very low maximum towing limit considering its size. It can only pull 1050kg which is'nt much by todays standards. I think it may partly be due to the fact that it is a seven seater, so extra weight is is allowed for in the gross vehicle weight figure. This reduces the max tow weight when subtracted from the gross train weight.
Within the handbook. The 85% calculation works out to about 1400kg. I was looking at updating to an avondale dart, but I will have to re-think now. Thanks buddy.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Within the handbook. The 85% calculation works out to about 1400kg. I was looking at updating to an avondale dart, but I will have to re-think now. Thanks buddy.
Hello Mark,

Just to reinforce Arbamus's response, regardless of what the kerbweight figure is, the maximum any vehicle can tow is defined by the car manufacture following a series of performance tests. In the case of the Zafira (old model) the figures are very low. (typically 1050Kg)

whilst it may not be of much help, the new models out this year have a much improved towing margin.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts