Tow Covers

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
PHOENIXFLIER said:
Do people usually leave the cover on when not actually living in the caravan. Ours is parked on the driveway, wonder if we ought to leave it on all the time or not!.

Depends on how secure your caravan is as given the value of the cover it could go wslkabouts quite quickly.

Feb 25, 2017
Visit site
otherclive said:
PHOENIXFLIER said:
Do people usually leave the cover on when not actually living in the caravan. Ours is parked on the driveway, wonder if we ought to leave it on all the time or not!.

Depends on how secure your caravan is as given the value of the cover it could go wslkabouts quite quickly.

Caravan is very secure, alarmed / tracking etc. etc. Parked in the front garden, in very quiet rural area. Just want to know what the pro's and con's are to leaving it on all the time.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Personally I wouldn't leave the cover on all the time,it takes a couple of minutes to fit,then after removal(even if soaking wet)it fits back in its breathable bag,put it in gas locker or boot of car while away.
I would of thought if you left it on whilst in storage it would deteriorate? Or potentially you could end up with a line above window where the paint will be subject to uv light? Not sure.
Either way,I'd defo buy a specific fitted one for the extra £20 or so.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Your advised not to keep the tow cover on all the time as bits can get behind it when its stood and can
damage the van. Also it would be easy to steal

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Been watching a Protec fitted cover on eBay for a 2014 Swift. Went for £148. New with warranty just under £200. I bid but not anywhere near the final price to which another £8 postagehad to be added, where a new one included free delivery.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts