Tow Mirrors for Mondeo Estate

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
Hiya,

Recently I bought a pair of extension mirrors for towing the caravan and was very disappointed to realise that the mirrors on our Mondeo Estate are so fat that the rubber straps that comes with the extension mirrors are too small. So...... we ordered some velcros straps which arrived today. These were longer. They were a bit fiddly to thread through the fittings on the extension mirrors but managed to get them into place only to find that the scissor shape extension mirrors are actually too narrow and they do not fix nicely on the the car's mirrors. Back to square one.

Does anyone know whether Ford mondeo have specific tow mirrors or am I having a senior moment here.

Any help or advice much appreciated.

Jellygirl.

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
Hi Jellygirl0, I'd recommend those that Sproket suggested,,in fact I'd even send you some as I won some from this magazine as the December star letter.
Unfortunately 2 months down the line I'm still waiting for them to appear !!

Dec 1, 2014
Visit site
I have the Milenco Aero Grand mirrors which i won in the Magazine (Thanks guys :) ) and they are so much better fitting and give a better view down the sides of the caravan than the standard rubber strap type mirrors.

It will be the 1st time I've used them to tow next weekend, I've had them on the car in front of the van and it really improves your rearwards field of vision.

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
Hi all, thank you for your help and advice. I would love to take you up on your offer Centro and am happy to pay for the postage and additional monies for your time and any other out of pocket expenses. However I would need them within the next four to six weeks just to allow time before our first trip planned for mid April. That is a very kind offer.

Caravaning is so exciting - but I sometimes feel like a child stumbling around in the dark. Lol.

Jellygirl

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
Good morning to you,
I've been studying these milenco mirrors and can't see how they attach to the mirrors. I expect once in your hands it all makes a bit more sense. I'm assuming that where the fixings are on the edge of the mirror, this does not interfere with directional movement of the operating system. I.e. If my husband drives and then I do, because I need the seat closer, the mirrors automatically adjust to my settings. Sorry if it's a silly question because I'm sure other holidaymakers swap the towing element during their travels. I have a 2014 Mondeo titanium.
Thanks
Jellygirl.

Oct 7, 2008
Visit site
Hi JellygirlO I have used Millenco Safety Towing Mirrors, about 9 quid each, on a 2004 mondeo and a 2011 mondeo estates with no problems . Cross the fixing straps behind the car mirror. Amazon have them in stock. Hope this helps. Cheers Jim.

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
Afternoon SwingLowJim,

Thanks for the prompt reply. I guess the instructions will be self explanatory and I'm being on the cautious side.

Jellygirl

Feb 3, 2008
Visit site
The Milenco Aero mirrors, as per Sprocket's reply, do not have straps, only clamps which can be fitted at the top or under-slung on the mirror housing depending on glass position within the housing. We use ours at the top.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi, just to add to Woodlands comments I have a MK 4 Titanium X been using these mirrors last 2 years,never ever had any problems fixing them to the car external mirrors , I screw the clamp from the towing mirrors to the top of the car mirrors. Original fitting of the towing mirrors I attached a small square of black insulating tape to the top of the car mirrors , so that I can align the towing mirrors to suit.
Never had any problems with vibration with the towing mirrors fitted, essential for clear vision when overtaking lorries.
Royston

Mar 10, 2006
Visit site

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts