tow mirrors for Nissan Xtrail - Any recommendations please?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
There seems to be lots of after market options, on the Rover we used genuine Rover mirrors which were a superb fit. Not sure if Nissan d oany for the Xtrail? What do you use..Thanks

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Message for John, these Smat mirrors, when you say clamp is that screw down or loaded by a sprung strap. I have been looking around and they all seem a bit small? I did notice some that screw down and was worried that they may damage the mirror paintwork?

Dec 28, 2005
Visit site
Not sure what make my extended mirrors are (Milenco?), but they fit very well and securely on my '06 X-Trail. They have two screw clamps, where a tapered portion slips into the gap twixt mirror and housing, then the circular foot is screwed down onto the top of the housing. A sturdy rubber strap then wraps around the mirror housing and clips onto the bottom edge. A strong metal rod protrudes from the clamps and the quite large mirror mounts on the end of the rod via a ball joint. The X-Trail is at least the fourth car I've used them on, so they have done very good service!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Keith

I think I actually looked at these today in the shop, they were Milenco and had two screws on top and two straps that wrap around the mirror and fix on the bottom. I though they looked a bit small for the Xtrail (did not have it with me to try) as he straps did not look very long (unless perhaps they come in different sizes). Have you found that the clamps have marked the paintwork on the mirrors of you Xtrail? My previous Rover used actual Rover towing mirrors, even those marked the mirrors and they were not painted finish. Also I think there were various shapes (mostly boxes as nearly all the mirrors were sold out). The ones I looked at did have a metal rod btween the glass and the fixing and the glass was kind of egg shaped as opposed to rectangular, be interested to hear if they sound like the ones that have and use ok on the XT.

Jan 2, 2007
Visit site
The towing mirrors we use on our X Trail sound like the ones that Keith uses. Have also had them a few years and used on different vehicles. The clamps have not marked the paintwork.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi H & M

Just seen your posting(have been away)

The Smat mirrors have a rubber covered piece that screws down on to the car mirror.

I have used the same ones on a Scenic.a Picasso and 3 XTs with no damage to the mirror or paintwork over a 12 year period

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts