Towbar electrics

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
I had a brand new tow bar fitted to my Toyota 4 x 4 Surf when I was down in London for the weekend. On my return to Worcestershire I discovered that the socket on the car was a 7 pin and not the 13 pin that I had requested. I would like to have a 13 pin adaptor fitted as it offers a more secure connection. I do not want to travel all the way back to London to have the socket changed. I have been quoted up to £150 for the job which I think is rather excessive. Can anyway recommend a tow bar fitter in the south West Midlands that can fit a 13 pin socket on the car at a reasonable price? Alternatively I suppose I will have to consider another 7 pin for the caravan. Any suggestions regarding a fitter and twin electrics? Thanks.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I live in Germany and 7-13 pin adaptors are _18 I use one currently. I bought it from Fritz berger www.fritz-berger.de, it is called a Kurzadaptor . If you have any problems getting one Im looking at selling mine as I am having a 13 pin system fitted in May.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Ian

Try CDF towbars in Coventry they do home fit all over the midlands. 01676 540582. I know there is an addapter from 13 pin into two plugs but have not seen one going the other way , there might be, CDF will know

Good luck

Jim M

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
The dealer has agreed to pay my petrol expenses to travel back to London to have the 7 pin changed to a 13 pin. Just as well as the flap covering the pins on the 7 pin fell off.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts