Towcar Awards 2011

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Mar 10, 2006
Visit site
A result at least.
But doesn't make up for the inconvenience, which i always find to be the biggest hassle.
Like taking a new Valencia back for remedial work, you never get paid for the mileage or hassle involved.

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Looking at the latest results results in mag the LR discovery is highly rated,surely Ncap safety ratings should be taken into account?
The Disco 3 only has a 4?
The test between the M Class and the Toureg puts the M Class a better car than the Toureg, but yet a few months ago your mag tested them against each and the Toureg was better?
Proves different people have different views

Aug 2, 2005
Visit site
Just got my mag and reached the tow car awards. Very interested to see the Seat Alhambra listed as I have one on order since February but the delay is due to the Japanese earthquake (electronics). I have ordered the 170 engine which should give a better tug.
I noticed that the photo showed a Swift Challenger being pulled can you divulge which model it was?

Colin

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello Michael,

I think you have it right, Regardless of which ever car is voted top by a magazine, someone somewhere will disagree, or someone else will have a story of how their version of the car is the most unreliable, unstable or the wrong colour.
smiley-undecided.gif

I don't think you can take the results as being a definative and unasailable pinacle of perfection - it just doesen't exsist - well not in this world anyway.

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Im pleased to see that the Chevvy Orlando has won an award, as i have just bought one. an LT 2.0 VCDI 160 Auto
(how they can say its a budget car at £22k though!) :)

Just had my tow bar fitted this week and we are
Getting our first caravan next month, cant wait to take the kiddies away!

Aug 25, 2006
Visit site
Completely agree about editors choice of the Mazda CX7. Ive had one for a year and its brilliant solo and towing. I pull a 1550Kg van and no problems at all , can cruise in 6th on flat moptoways like in Belgium and get 28Mpg according the computer on my recent trip abroad. 25MPG on hillier sections in Germany also not being able to overtake HGVs was a pain. All the Boys toys thrown in , wouldnt change it for anything else. Plus Ive only ever seen one other in sheffield and only 1 more on mmy travels in the UK & abroad so exclusive.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts