Feb 2, 2006
Visit site
i tow with a volkswagen sharan 1.9tdi but i am thinking of changing up to the 1.9 130 or the 2.0lt 140

their should be a difference towing on the flat. But can anyone tell me is their any noticeable difference towing on an incline or from a standing start on a hill

Ken

Jul 15, 2005
Visit site
Ken,

Navigate to www.whattowcar.com and select the "compare two cars" menu option and then select your caravan. They may not have the latest engine options loaded into their database - but try.

This gives you a numerical comparison and a star rating, on areas like - hill start, acceleration, usability of top gear, etc.

Robert

Jul 15, 2005
Visit site
Ken,

I've just checked their database - they have the 2 litre TDI engine listed for the Seat Alhambra - which is pretty much identical except for the interior trim?

Robert

Apr 13, 2005
Visit site
Kenneth, see my other postings on this subject and you will see that i am very very happy with my car. i swapped from a ford galaxy tdi 115 to a seat alhambra tdi 130 and could not believe the difference that 15 bhp could make. the seat never looses speed unless the hill is very steep and it returns about 8 mpg more than the galaxy.

rob jax is correct in that seat do now fit the 2.0 tdi 140 engine to the alhambra but only in the sx or stylance trim, the base model and the tiptronic cars still have the tdi 115 fitted.

ive just posted that i have heard on the grapevine that the galaxy / sharan / alhambra is now in its final year and is due to be replaced, i certainly know that ford are going alone and basing theire new mpv on the mondeo platform so some new and interesting cars are due, it may be worth waiting unless like me you would rather bag a bargain than look cool on site.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts