Towing a larger van

Jul 5, 2009
Visit site
We've just bought a series 6 Bailey Pageant Burgundy and pick it up next Monday.

This van is quite a lot larger that our old van. I was towing a small 2 berth, 6 ft 6 wide, overall length around 17 feet.

Anyone have any tips or comments on how much difference I'm going to notice whilst towing this. Its about an extra foot wider and aroung 6 1/2 feet longer.

cheers

Rick

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
hi rick lenht should be no probs you tend to over judglenghany way reversing i find easy with longer unit it comes around better width will still be less than your tow mirrors dont panic

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Just imagine you are drivung a bus

Allow plenty of room for passing parked vehicles, and how much longer a bus takes to accelerate etc.

Jul 26, 2009
Visit site
Hi thanks guys, again you have answered my
Oh my Q , well we are buying a Coachman 460 vip 2 berth from a friend who is geting a 5 berth next yr.

And I was thinking along the same lines as Richard, due to jest haveing small caravan before.

But the advice here was good and thanks 4 it guys

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
Hi,

Agree with previous posts - I find reversing easier with the larger van - just one word of caution, you probably have more overhang behind the axle than before so just keep an eye on your back end when you turn sharply as the back will swing out!

Happy towing

Jon

Jul 5, 2009
Visit site
Hi,

Agree with previous posts - I find reversing easier with the larger van - just one word of caution, you probably have more overhang behind the axle than before so just keep an eye on your back end when you turn sharply as the back will swing out!

Happy towing

Jon
Thanks for all the help guys. May be worth everyone avoiding the area of Yorkshire Caravans late Monday afternoon. I will be taking it VERY steady :)

Rick

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts