Towing Adapter Lead

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
i was told this was better when i brought the Detachable Towbar for my Volkswagen Tiguan
The short towing adaptor ( but i am begining to doubt) i finding it very hard with me Disabled .

13 pin Euro to 7 pin Twin 12n & 12s
Short Towing Caravan Socket Adaptor ( The problem with short adaptors is you have to get under the car they look better ( i think the other way might be more practical what is your views ?)

Towing Adapter Lead 13 pin car 12N & 12S
Socket to Caravan with 2 x 7pins plugs ( Cable Version is easier to fit as you only have to plug into the cables which hand down from the socket
Any help in this matter i would appreciate

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Beachball said:
i was told this was better when i brought the Detachable Towbar for my Volkswagen Tiguan
The short towing adaptor ( but i am begining to doubt) i finding it very hard with me Disabled .

13 pin Euro to 7 pin Twin 12n & 12s
Short Towing Caravan Socket Adaptor ( The problem with short adaptors is you have to get under the car they look better ( i think the other way might be more practical what is your views ?)

Towing Adapter Lead 13 pin car 12N & 12S
Socket to Caravan with 2 x 7pins plugs ( Cable Version is easier to fit as you only have to plug into the cables which hand down from the socket
Any help in this matter i would appreciate

I know what you mean as mine is 13 to 13 pin and the socket under the car swivels down from behind the bumper, which can require kneeling down to connect up. I would go for the longer detailed on your second item. However given that the old style 7 pin connectors can be notoriously sensitive and sometime lead to spurious faults why not have the car/van both made compatible with 13 pin connectors.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
We used a short adapter at one point but I ran this over the hitch. I know it does not look as good but it works and in my case prevented the possibility of the cable hitting the ground. Having up dated the car I still do this for the same reason. Not many people are going to see it when you are towing so for me I am not worried about appearance.
I do appreciate however that the location of the plug on the car might be a problem and do wonder if it could be moved up in some way. I am afraid this would be far easier with a fixed bracket so it is possibly too late.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
This year we are hiring a 2 berth end washroom caravan if my health is ok and i can do it
We might buy one
then take it from there

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi Raywood
When you say Short adaptor is the towing lead 13pin to car 12N & 12S Socket to Caravan with 2x 7pins plugs (200mm cable)

13pin Euro to 7pin Twin 12N & 12s (Short towing caravan socket adapter) this hasn"t any cable you just connect to your 13pin on your car and lock it

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Be careful whilst wrapping it around your hitch as we done this last year with our new caravan cos it was a bit slack and whilst turning a tight corner the slack was taken up and ripped the handbrake on as it nipped the the breakaway cable up ! We both nearly s##t to say the least , so leave a little bit slack on the cable for tight manoeuvring .

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Beachball, Since we changed the car we no longer use an adapter. We did buy a branded one from the dealer when we bought the caravan, but not sure what it was now, but as the caravan had plenty of wire the beat bet was over the hitch.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts