towing advice

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I use Miĺenc, Grand Aeros and have recently bought the angled feet to fit my Santa Fe, really good.

20190123-142644.jpg

20190123-142701.jpg

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
I also used them on my last Toyota Corolla that we had with no problems at all , on the present Kuga that we have slot the clamps into the top of the mirror one right to the end on the left hand side inside and put the right hand clamp bit above where there is a line on the mirror and secure firmly and they should be no bother .

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Raywood said:
I found the shape of the mirror housing on the car meant that my Milencos would not grip and one fell off on the motorway. I replaced them with a pair which both clip and strap on so more secure and seem to vibrate less. They are smaller but work well so I am happy to leave them as they are.

Ray, what did you do when the mirror fell off on the motorway? We had the same thing happen, some years ago. Luckily it wasn't one of the main motorways and there was nothing behind us. You can't stop and retrieve it because that is stupid and dangerous, but it is a hazard to other traffic.
Mel

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Mel said:
Raywood said:
I found the shape of the mirror housing on the car meant that my Milencos would not grip and one fell off on the motorway. I replaced them with a pair which both clip and strap on so more secure and seem to vibrate less. They are smaller but work well so I am happy to leave them as they are.

Ray, what did you do when the mirror fell off on the motorway? We had the same thing happen, some years ago. Luckily it wasn't one of the main motorways and there was nothing behind us. You can't stop and retrieve it because that is stupid and dangerous, but it is a hazard to other traffic.
Mel

Mel, there not a lot that you can do in such situation as stopping and then trying to retrieve it puts you, your passengers and other road users in jeopardy. And in reality it will probably have been run over many times before you had got back to it.

Feb 23, 2018
Visit site
otherclive said:
Mel said:
Raywood said:

Mel

Mel, there not a lot that you can do in such situation as stopping and then trying to retrieve it puts you, your passengers and other road users in jeopardy. And in reality it will probably have been run over many times before you had got back to it.

The mirror glass would more than likely be broken once they hit the ground. Not worth the risk on a fast road. You might be able to recover them on a 30mph road.

After getting the Milenco Grand Aero I decided to keep my old pair of regular Areos rather than sell them. They are secured in the caravan on standby for loss/theft/damage of the primary pair.

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
same here , we lost one on the A19 last year the one time I let my wife put them on on the nearside but wasn't going to go back track and retrieve it like you say it would be smashed to bits on a 70 mile an hour Road so we now have a new pair and a spare one in case anything should happen again !!

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Mel said:
Raywood said:

Mel

There was no real chance of finding the mirror, but I carry an old pair of strap on mirrors and used one of them to cover for the missing one. I strapped the remaining one on with my belt just to be sure.
I always carry spares as I did have the strap break on one some time back just as I was about to leave a site.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts