Towing Courses

Sep 2, 2005
Visit site
I am going to join both the big caravanning clubs (in order to try out their sites), but I have read that they both deliver towing courses and are around the same price for each. Does it make any difference which one to go for, has anyone happen to have been on both (perhaps a silly question), are they worth it or is individual experiencing in towing, loading etc. a better option even though it will obviously take me some time to become adept at it?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
If you want to go on and take your Advanced Driver's Towing Course, only the Caravan & Camping Club course is accepted as a pre-requisite.

If you don't want to go that far with training, either course is suitable.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Derek

I know a guy that did the caravan course then sometime later did the camping club course and he said that he had learned more in the first morning than in the day and a half of the other club.

That seems to say it all.

Good luck on your choice.

Jim m

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
I went on one this year. It was with the caravan & camp club it was very good.

It lasted a full day. The people who were teaching me sed they tech for both club & the courses shud be the same each other. There four of you to one teacher when you are doing the particular bit.

Has RogerL says. You can do the advanced towing course. If you went and did it they knock of the cost of the courses that's you paid to go on the c&cc courses. Because they form the beginning with you. From what I cud make out you had to pay each year has well for it.

The caravan club say if you do there courses and use the insurance for you van they will nock 5% of the cost of your insurances cost for the van.

I got a pen & video tape & one book & sertifickert has well.

I think we shud all go on one not to say that you can not tow all right now because we would all lean some for it.

I hope this helps you Mark

(if I can I will put the book on the furoom later in tec.)

Sep 2, 2005
Visit site
Thanks everyone for their help in deciding which one to do. I think I will book a place with the C.C.C. after reading all your replies. Thanks again, Derek.

Sep 18, 2005
Visit site
Hi Derek Just catching up hence delayed responce. Am new to this towing bisiness and went on the CC day and a half couse a few weeks back. Found it excellent and well worth the money. Tutor also did the CCC and HGV courses

Rod

Oct 11, 2005
Visit site
I too did the CC course - in Pembrey. Only did the one-day manoevering part. It was excellent, and covered lots of useful things like loading and levelling techniques (even how to hand-move a van out of a muddy field, when all else fails!). I'd recommend it to anyone, "expert" and newcomers alike.

TRENDING THREADS