Towing electrics how hard can it be

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
On our Citroen (new last August), plugging in a trailer disables the reversing sensors and enables trailer bulb failure warning. It also turns off the lane departure control and car rear fog lights (putting the caravan ones on instead).

What it DOESN'T do - which I would much prefer it to do - is talk to the built-in satnav and tell it that different speed limits now apply. It's a very small annoyance, but give how smart the car is in other aspects it doesn't feel like it ought to be difficult to do.
Do you mean that you would like it to remind you what national speed limits apply when hitched to the caravan, IE 50 or 60mph. Our car satnav tells me my speed and the applicable speed limit for the section of road that I am driving on, but even though I update it with its six monthly updates there are occasions when it will display an incorrect applicable speed limit. Inevitably going by the satnav would lead me to overspeed as changes to speed limits are mostly in a downwards direction.

Aug 24, 2020
Visit site
Do you mean that you would like it to remind you what national speed limits apply when hitched to the caravan, IE 50 or 60mph.
No, I'd like it to calculate arrival times based on the speed I'll actually be driving. It can account for traffic, surely it ought to be able to cope with a lower maximum speed when towing.

Reactions: otherclive

TRENDING THREADS