Towing mirror vibration

Nov 28, 2007
Visit site
I have new milinco aero mirrors fitted to my Mazda 6, they are OK but do suffer from vibration. I believe the problem is more the fact that with the extra load it is the Mazda mirror housing that is the problem but I can not see what I can do about it. I have to have them set to max extension to see round the van. Any suggestions out there?

May 28, 2008
Visit site
Try mounting them on the bottom lip of the door mirror. In many cases this part of the door mirror is more robust. The distance out should not be a problem.

Mar 9, 2008
Visit site
Hi Chris , I to have a Mazda 6 with standard milenco extention mirrors , again to full extention to see around the caravan and guess what , yes I also get vibrations . After reading on many forums that these mirrors are vibration free I came to the conclusion that it may be the car mirrors causing this , so was thinking about renewing for the aero type , but after hearing your comments maybe not . I am going away soon so will try Milencos suggestion and post results . Unfortunately when last towing down narrow lanes the passenger side mirror came in contact with hedging shrubs and broke the glass , could milenco please tell me where I could purchase another and approx how much , standard milenco mirror flat ( not convex ) glass . Many thanks , regards --- STEVE .

Nov 28, 2007
Visit site
Thanks Milenco (any connection ?) I didn't think of the lower edge. I will try that tomorrow when I get the van from storage. Presumably the mirror arm will have to bend up instead of down. There is not much quidence with the mirror. I have a new Odassy which is the new max width of about 7ft 6 "" which needs the mirrors on the max extention (or more)

May 28, 2008
Visit site
Any Milenco stockist can get you spares. If you have problems ring us 01908 220102 and we will supply spares only but we do not send glass by post and charge

Nov 28, 2007
Visit site
I tried attaching the mirrors to the underside of my Mazda 6 mirrors and it seemed a bit better vibration wise, but, I have not exceeded 30mph yet. I have got the mirrors max extended and the overall width is 8ft 1 inch. Caravan is 7ft 6 in so I do not get a very good view behind. I note Milencos comment but looking at the price list it means buying the mirrors again specifing the extra wide version. I'm not saying the mirrors are the problem, just that caravan manufacturers have gone to the max width allowable and perhaps assume we all tow with 4x4 s

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts