Towing Mirrors for Vauxhall Vectra 96-02 series

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Reading the comments with regards to towing mirrors,

I have a 51 vectra estate and have recently purchased Milenco mirrors suitable for Vectras, I find them very awkward to fit they show you clipped to the top of the car mirrors, the car mirrows are curved so when you fix the clips they are at a slight radius, the mirror arm is straight and how can I clamp them tight without distorting the vectra mirrors, when the mirrors are clamped you cannot operate the electric windows.

Does anybody else have this problem,or are you all using the towing mirrore issued by vauxhall which have a completly different method of fixing.not cheap either at £103.00 a pair.

Roy

Aug 2, 2005
Visit site
Try clipping the brackets to the bottom of the mirror. You may have to undo the screw on the back of the mirror fastening it ti bar so that it faces the other way. the mirroe should then be more or lkess level with the Vectra mirror. There is another thread on this subject in the last couple of days but cant recall where

Good luck

Colin

Aug 2, 2005
Visit site
Try clipping the brackets to the bottom of the mirror. You may have to undo the screw on the back of the mirror fastening it ti bar so that it faces the other way. the mirroe should then be more or lkess level with the Vectra mirror. There is another thread on this subject in the last couple of days but cant recall where

Good luck

Colin
Go down 5 posts to caravan mirrors

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Edmund

I adjusted my mirrors before fitting the towing mirrors on my Vectra, however I could still adjust them with Milenco mirrors fitted. I dispensed with the rubber strap and pur the 2 brackets next to each other on the top of the mirror.

Far safer I think than underneath the mirror, because if it gets knocked, it won't puncture the skin of the door

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
had vectras most of the time,milenco mirrors were the only ones i used and had no bother.done same as andrew,adjust car mirrors first then attach milenco mirrors as said above with 2 brackets together and they should be ok

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts