Towing mirrors

Feb 10, 2008
Visit site
hi i have the towing mirror where 2 rubber straps keep it on your car wing mirror but when im towing the actual mirror part vibrates like hell. Has anyone ever found how to fix this problem please and yeah the rubber straps are done up nice and tight. Thanks

G

I use the type where the arm clamps to the wing mirror and has a stabilising strap. It works pretty well and has little vibration.

G

Sorry, not the same. Mine actually clamp directly to the top,of the wing mirror, the strap is secondary. It gives a much firmer join. Milenco make mine and although not cheap (circa

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
i have same 2 straps plus screw clampps made by rock steady one wide angle one normal less than 20 pounds from caravan stuff 4 u or tow sure no movment verey good

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi Matthew

I use the towing mirrors with the rubber straps and this is what I do to cut down on vibration.

1/ Put the towing mirror on over the fixed mirror.

2/With both 'arms in the correct position with the oblong slots on the bottom arm of the mirror grip the back of the rubber behind the fixed mirror.

3/Stretch the rubber banding by pulling downwards and with the other hand pull the excess rubber strap through the small rectangular slot, you may have to steady the bottom mirror arm with the side of your hand as you feed the rubber through.

4/ You may have to repeat this process until the towing mirror is very tight against the permanent mirror.

5/Take the excess rubber strap from the bottom and feed it behind the mirror tucking it in behind the rubber strap which should by now be very tight.

If your permanent mirrors are very small you could cross the rubber straps over in an x shape to take up more slack.

It can be a bit fiddly but it works for me

Aug 2, 2007
Visit site
i also had the same problem with my towing mirrors on a mondeo but found a cure, have the metal pole at the bottom of the mirror on the car with the tow mirror on level with the car mirror try it !!!! but watch out if you have folding mirrors as the bar will dig into your door if you fold them in.

May 22, 2008
Visit site
i also had the same problem with my towing mirrors on a mondeo but found a cure, have the metal pole at the bottom of the mirror on the car with the tow mirror on level with the car mirror try it !!!! but watch out if you have folding mirrors as the bar will dig into your door if you fold them in.
I cured my vibrating mirrors( rubber strap type,) by opening the lid of the bin, and placing between the morning paper, and the old tea bags !!

But on a serious note, the vibration was terrible, so we went for the tear drop shaped Milenco with the two plactic bolt down fittings and the round bar, excellent job, and well worth the

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts