Towing mirrors

May 15, 2007
Visit site
I am in need of two new towing mirrors and have been looking at the new milenco ones and also the suction type as well, anybody use either of these?

Many thanks

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
Afternoon Bob,

I use Milenco and my personal opinion is i think they are better as you get the view from both the normal mirror and the extended version as well?

Thanks

Rob.

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Hi Bob I've been caravanning for over 50 years and towing for over 35 and the Milenco mirrors are the best I've ever used. Being able to use the cars mirrors at the same time - adjusted down a bit to give a clearer view of the van's front corner is very useful. Did try the suction type but took then back as the mirror glass on the car is recessed well in the frame and the arm from the sucker prevented proper fitting.

Mike

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Another vote for Milenco, I tried a pair of the suction type when they came out about four years back. The mirror head itself was a lot smaller than Milenco and as has already been said the suction pad obscures vitually all the car mirror.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Another Milenco fan - having tried quite a number over the years including a Retrovisor - anyone old enough to remember those ?

If you have the luxury of internally adjustable normal mirrors you can use the extended ones for the normal driving but angle the others to show some otherwise blind spots - typically the kerb on the near side.

Reg

Jan 12, 2008
Visit site
I've got a suction one sitting around somewhere and that is where it belongs.

It blocks the cars mirror, is pretty small and shakes all over the place. I didn't even complete one day's towing with it as I considered it dangerous.

Milenco every time.

Jun 23, 2008
Visit site
I had a similar type to the Milenco but changed to Milenco after reading about compliance with EU standards.

They are superb, nice large pads, brass threads, stainless screws, fits much more easily and quickly than my old ones, just very well designed and made.

Bill D.

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
Milenco got to be, l had them on my Rover 75, someone said they wouldn't fit my Shogun, they were wrong fits a treat and l can use both sets which is a God send when towing.

NigelH

Mar 26, 2008
Visit site
Friends have Milenco's and I liked the clear view when I towed with their Honda for them .

Last month they were returning home from Devon and a motorcyle hit the drivers side Milenco, the repairs to the car including new eletric mirrors cost just over

Oct 23, 2009
Visit site
We use mirrors which are years old and fixed with rubber straps but Ive added stuck on a second mirror which gives a much wider view and also stops any shaking. I dont have a camera although have thought about buying one as our caravan has a fixed bed with no through view.

Mar 10, 2006
Visit site
i would never fit a milenco to any car of mine.

it relies on two pressure points to secure it, too high a risk of damage to the cars mirror, no give.

my mirror is secured with rubber bands, this allows some give, and also distributes the fixing pressure, result no damage to the expensive car mirror!

Nov 6, 2006
Visit site
You should not overlook mirrors that may be supplied by your car dealer. After all these are specifically designed to fit your vehicle. Like others, I've tried various accessory type mirrors with varying success on fit, vibration, ease of adjustment and so on. I finally bit the bullet and bought BMW dealer mirrors, and they are the best, being very quick to fit, perfect vision and vibration free. Yes they cost a lot more, but worth it for overall ease of use

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts