Towing technology

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
Sorry, but I'm too much of a dinosaur for that! I've managed for 50 years without it, so I'll give it a miss.
Besides, I'll bet it wouldn't fit my 24 year-old Range Rover and 37 year old 'van!
Also, if these wierd and wonderful things become commonplace, how do people learn towing skills?

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Emmerson, we will be allowed to program our ourfits to go to to sites, pitch themselfs up, and walk back from the pub, to a nice warm caravan.what a nice idea. :sick: :sick: :sick:

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
I have to agree. The car doesn't know where its going in reverse, the driver still has to observe via the mirrors. And its here that the problems happen. It is ok to figure out which way to steer during reverse but if the pilot has no concept of following the trailer and crucially when to steer then all the electronics in the world will not help.
I am all for experience and practice.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Not forgetting the acronyms BOL.LOCS .
Brake On Line.
Load Over Centre Safest.

In truth I did make use of the Scott Stabiliser 40 years ago but perhaps those who believe more technology is easier would be well advised to take a caravan driving course with one of the two clubs.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts