Towing weight for a Serengeti?

Mar 15, 2006
Visit site
Does anyone know the weight for a LANDROVER FREELANDER SERENGETI TD4 1951cc 5 Door Estate (2002 - 2005)cannot find this out anywhere on any of the car sites.

We will be pulling a Bailey Series 6 Burgundy caravan.

Many thanks inadvance.

Allyson

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Allyson,

From our handbook the relevent figs for the TD4 are:-

Approx unladen wt (full tank - excluding any options fitted) = 1540 to 1635 kg

Max gross veh wt = 2080 kg

Max trailer wt = 2000 kg

Max nose wt = 140 kg

Gross train wt (max wt of vehicle plus trailer = 3880 kg

This data taken from the LR handbook of a 2001 Freelander/.

Other info given in the handbook - basic stuff but useful all the same:-

1) To increase stability it is recomended that you adjust the nose weight to the maximum limit when loading to the maximum trailer weight

2) If the trailer weight exceeds 1800 kg, the vehicle payload must be restricted (i.e. to less than the Gross Vehicle Weight) to ensure that the loaded combination is within the Gross Train Weight limit

The Serengeti was a special eddition with a number of extras thrown in and a special paint job I think.

Nice vehicle - may see you on a muddy site somewhere!

Mar 15, 2006
Visit site
Thanks Clive for that infomation.

Looks good from a towing point of view.

Sorry I never got back to you regarding the bike racks, but if we change cars we may be in the same situation, but I may come back to you if you don't mind. Although I will have to buy the main roof bars first.

We will also have to look at a tow bar, I rang the tow bar fitters close to the Land Rover garage in Cardiff they wanted

Mar 7, 2006
Visit site
Allyson, we have a Freelander 02 TD4 ESX since new and never had any problems with it. It tows our Bailey like a dream (you sometimes forget its on the back!), and we get good mpg. We too had to have a towbar fitted and the price you've been quoted is about right.

Dont know whether you've thought of this - but we also bought a "Alko detachable stabiliser handle" for pushing down the handle, because on the back of the freelander the spare wheel gets in the way (and we got fed up with removing the wheel!)

we bought it direct from Alko's website for about

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Allyson,

Has the Burgendy arrived yet?

I can't remember if you said November or December. We can't wait till January or maybe Febuary when ours arrives.

We recieved a letter from our dealer who said it would be built in January and delivered shortly after that.We will wait and see!

It's not a problem whatever way. I went to a local awning modifier who said he could extented our current awning no problem,but over a size of 1 mtr we may get creases in the roof, we only have to go to 83cm so this should not be a problem and quoted

Mar 15, 2006
Visit site
Hi Chelsea

Thanks for that we will look into it if we go ahead with this sale.

Hi Rob

Received a letter today from the caravan dealer to say that our caravan was now being built and would be ready w/c 11th Dec. this is a week earlier than we expected.

All excited now but no where booked as yet for the New Year.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Chelsea

Thanks for that we will look into it if we go ahead with this sale.

Hi Rob

Received a letter today from the caravan dealer to say that our caravan was now being built and would be ready w/c 11th Dec. this is a week earlier than we expected.

All excited now but no where booked as yet for the New Year.
Hi Allyson,

I am still up,let me know how it go's and hopefully no problems.

Enjoy

Rob

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I will Rob,

Yes lets hope there are no problems, first time for a new van so I hope we have no teething problems.
Allyson,

Lets hope not,

I have been thinking to see if Bailey will supply the shelving unit that comes with the Senators that is to the right of the sink unit in the bed room as I think this would be a useful addition and I think it will match,just some where to put stuff such as Nicky's cosmetics,my razor etc,etc. Spoke to a drinking partner who is a chippy and I explained that we did not want to drill anything and he came up with liquid nails and possible size reduction to accomedate?

Should I have bought a Senator Indiana? No I think the Burgendy will meet all our needs and more.

Can't wait till Jan or Feb.

Rob

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts