Towing with a Shogun

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Alan.

What is the problem exactly? I have a 2002 SWB 3.2 DI-D Equippe, and it pulls like a train.No stability problems at all.

I tow a 5 berth Avonale fully loaded with 3 adults at the legal limit in England/France.I have never felt even a twitch under any circumstances.

Please give some more information, and will try and help.

Regards Nidge

May 4, 2005
Visit site
I wouldn't have thought a Shogun would have problems towing.It could be either the way you load the van(eg to much weight at rear)or possibly have something to do with the height of the tow ball as sometimes on 4x4's they can be fitted to high.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thanks for your replies. My car is a 2004 3.5 Petrol Auto and it is difficult to keep it going straight at 60 mph and overtaking become a scary experience.

My tyre pressures were low because I inflated them for towing at a supermarket but failed to check pressures with another gauge, when I did re-inflate to correct pressures the outfit became more stable but still nowhere near that of my previous Teranno.

The 'van is loaded correctly with correct noseweight.

I have experimented with lower towball heights with no inprovement.

I remain really concermed because I know what a great towcar the Shogun usually is.

Jan 21, 2005
Visit site
Hi Alan

Don't get disheartened I had a stability problem towing with a new shogun.

The problem turned out to be an incorrectly fitted towbar.

Most of the so called experts said there was a not a problem.

But when I contacted the mfg direct & sent in photos they solved the fitting error immediately. My towball was pointing to far down to the ground. Towbar now adjusted tows & pulls like a dream.

Regards

Andrew

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
ANDREW. Thank you for your reply to my problem. I have stopped thinking that I am going crackers. I would like to learn more from you. EG what make of towbar have you got and how can I identify if I have the same problem.

I have set up a new e-mail address and wonder if you might mail me direct to caramanalan@aol.com

Many thanks

Alan

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts