towing with petrol or diesel

Page 5 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Nov 4, 2004
Visit site
Shady Sadie i have no magic formula and agree with everything you say.

Motorists are hit hard as they are easy targets fuel,road fund tax and future road tolls.

The money from motorists goes into the Governments funds for the umemployed and all the other benefits,also for proping up the banks and now the investment into the car industry.

The money has to come from somewhere and they say taxes will increase for 8 years to get back the money invested into the banks.

We are still driving as much as ever and its very easy for the Government to take from us with very little resistance.

You lower one tax and they have to get it back in other ways,there is already talk that VAT will go over 17.5% after the year of 15%.

Mar 26, 2008
Visit site
The old what tax we cut here we move to something else, is wearing a little thin!

Politicians and even voters have got so used to it that they believe it.

What needs to be started by national and local government is efficient spending and managing of the services our taxes buy. No more MP junkets and wasted fact finding missions, no more council workers training in luxury hotels and spa's etc.

We pay far more than enough taxes in the UK, tax payers deserve to have it spent wisely and efficiently now. UK tax should be spent in the UK and on UK people.

This latest fiasco should be the starting point for efficient government rather than the shoddy rubbish we've had for generations and the poor managment of the spending of our money!

I'm off to Oz for the GP, behave yourselves!

xx Sadie xx

Nov 4, 2004
Visit site
Have a nice time Shady Sadie ,wish Lewis all the best and good luck ,i think he might need it after the admission from Mclaren that the cars not fast enough.

Aug 10, 2008
Visit site
Simple answer for seth, and indeed sadie too.

House prices are not the course of our predicament, nor is the fuel prices, so why on earth are these two issues being brought to the forefront? one as a solution to help cost! and the other,which is more to do with keeping up with the Jones[ which is what got us into this mess in the first place]

Now i keep reading responses as to what should be done, but with no figures being given. ie.

"No more MP junkets and wasted fact finding missions, no more council workers training in luxury hotels and spa's etc"

And I think to myself, is that it? is this what people think is a major problem, that if fixed would make our country a better place! Or this piece.

"This latest fiasco should be the starting point for efficient government rather than the shoddy rubbish we've had for generations and the poor management of the spending of our money!"

Can I remind everybody that greed within our corporate world [not governments] has gotten us into this mess, greed and greed alone!so the statement above makes no sense, its just everybody likes to blame someone else for whatever!!!Thats more of a problem than tax on fuel, or house prices....

G

What utter bull.

Can I remind g that government is responsible for overseeing how banks and business work.

How many Labour MP's and Lords and others in Parliament have their snouts firmly entrenched in the troughs of the banks and large private industry.

As the banking "whistleblower" said, "responsibility for the current crisis lies at the very top of government"

And on the other hand Tax's pay for government expenditure, and the British National and Local Government waste billions! That has nothing to do with private industry.

Oct 28, 2006
Visit site
fuel prices,house prices havint put us in this mess admittedly,but these two items are bearing the brunt of it respectivly.But it may have something to do with the government selling industry out to foriegn countries.Immigrants,sponging,taking out the pot and putting nothing back in,ultimatly leaving people jobless.Going into Europe costs this country millions for what benefit but Tony Blair seems to have done well out of it,over 5 houses,paid for by the taxpayer,good old England.

Aug 10, 2008
Visit site
Euro. regarding "utter bull" In my post that you have replied to, i did say something about people going on and on without giving any real figures as back up for statement claims. so i looked up mathematical equations based on "utter bull"

I see "utter bull" is not based on real figures, therefore is it self merely "utter bull" and nothing more.

Indeed you then go on about or is it you ask? and i quote

"how many Labour MP's and Lords and others in Parliament have their snouts firmly entrenched in the troughs of the banks and large private industry.

I have no idea as to how many parliamentarians of any party we are talking about, but interestingly are you asking or telling? because yet again it seems another statement of "utter bull" if I can quote you is being given out, as yet again no actual figures are quoted, just a very inaccurate and fact less based statement, that blames whoever and whatever!about whichever!

And then right at the end Euro, you go on about bureaucratic wastage! As if this is somehow linked to the recession we are in!

and without this wastage, somehow things would not be as bad!

Again "utter bull" [you don't mind me quoting you]comes to mind

I have to say that it all sounds so good,if one is not looking for any factual information, but alas it means absolutely nothing, which it seems is becoming your forte!

G

Is this not supposed to be a discussion on the various merits of diesel versus petrol?

Mind you although Parksy et al try very hard to keep things straight, there is no doubt people do like a good 'rammy'. What do they say? Don't mention politics, religion or sex. No fun then.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
'Can anyone tell me what is the preferred choice a petrol or diesel car?'

The previous few posts are way off topic.

This website and CARAVAN forum is completely non political.

Whatever ones views on politics, race, gender, religion we don't wish to be informed thanks all the same.

Any more political cr@p and this topic is binned.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Is this not supposed to be a discussion on the various merits of diesel versus petrol?

Mind you although Parksy et al try very hard to keep things straight, there is no doubt people do like a good 'rammy'. What do they say? Don't mention politics, religion or sex. No fun then.
Try Facebook, fun or not this forum isn't the place.

G

OK Parksy. Sorry !

Diesel

But diesel prices ur governed by government and politicians.

Also the ammount UK caravanners have to send on caravanning is down to how much money they have left after all the tax's they have to pay.

Now that is not exactly politicizing the forum, its a fact of life. g does not seem to have noticed how tax's have escalated and how many peoples pensions have been hit leaving them with less money for caravanning or even having to give up caravanning like one of our family friends.

What is spent on car or caravan, extras or time on sites is all down to what is in your pocket.

If that is to political for this forum I'm very sorry that the forum and Practical Caravan care so little about caravanners.

If UK tax and government spending has no part in the currrent UK economy crisis and how UK caravanning works and what caravanners spend then g and this forum must be operating from another planet.

May be Editor Nigel can tell us how his magazines sales our doing, PC may of course be gaining sales at the expense of other caravanning monthlys and be holding its own.

I understand from contacts in the press that magazine sales have been falling in the credit crunch and you said yourself to me that staff have been laid off at Haymarket.

So politics and tax's and the pounds left in peoples pockets have nothing to do with caravanning or this forum.

I'm amazed. And glad that I'm off home in the morning!

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi Euro

The overwhelming majority of forum members (with one or two honourable and well respected exceptions) in our case are subject to the same conditions and are taxpayers within the UK.

Opinions vary where government policy is concerned and it's an unfortunate fact that as soon as one set of opinions is posted onto this forum somebody else will disagree. This is true of every forum on the internet.

It's unfair to imply that Practical Caravan 'care so little about caravanners' because of the fact that the forum mods try to keep online argument which can rapidly turn into insult and bad feeling to an absolute minimum on this particular forum.

There are a multitude of websites on the internet that encourage online debate and they encompass a wide range of topics in which political opinion is but one.

The only way to alter the environment in which we as caravanners operate is via the ballot box at the end of the day but I wouldn't presume to influence which party you vote for and every other forum member has the right to the same courtesy.

It's one thing to have a bit of a moan but it doesn't end there which is why we try to *** these things in the bud on this forum, sorry if that doesn't suit every member.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts