towsure insignia awning

Jul 1, 2007
Visit site
hi, i am looking for anyone who has got or has had a towsure insignia awning? iam considering buying one as they one the practical caravanning awning award. any info on these would be appreciated before i decide to buy one. i need a size 14 which is expensive in other makes. many thanks

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
I bought an Insignia awning last year - no problems at all. I got the aluminium poles and the tie down kit as well. Easy enough to erect - take the four end/side panels off the roof section makes easier to manhandle. First outing with it we had torrential rain one night and no leaks.

My only gripe would be the plastic 'ladders' used to peg out the awning bottom but I intend to replace these with the elastic 'Pyramid' pegs (any thoughts anyone?).

All in all very pleased with our purchase.

Oct 24, 2007
Visit site
Hi Sarah,

I bought an Insignia awning and found it very easy to put up. Unfortunately one of the zips developed a fault. Went back to Towsure and they straight away offered to swap it until they realised they didn't have the same size in stock. It was the end of the season and they didn't know when they would be getting more in stock so they offered a refund. No quibble. What great service.

May 8, 2010
Visit site
We had one of those awnings in 2009 and on the first trip out to North Wales where there is lots of rain lol we found the awning could not take heavy rain and one of the poles collapsed ripped the awning window part and left a big scratch on the side of the caravan as it went down

we did have a Dorema but had to sell it as we changed to a larger van and as money was tight we thought the insignia sounded good....... now we have an issabella

it learnt us the lesson you get what you pay for

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts