towsure

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Dec 1, 2005
Visit site
We went to Towsure Sheffield on Sunday also.

Never again - when we eventually found the place we were in store for 10 minutes before the fire alarm went off, stood outside for around 40 minutes in the hoofing rain, to go back in and couldn't find hardly anything we wanted.

We did buy a double step, and were amazed at the girl on the till who asked us what it was!!

Online is better in my opinion, never had a problem with buying from them that way.

Lolly x

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
For good selection at competative pricing try either ABC Caravan & Camping at Swansea Enterprise ZOne or Frontier Leisuure at Abergaveny. Both have web pages and goods can be ordered on line.

Jun 1, 2007
Visit site
as someone who lives in sheffield i must defend towsure.

yes, if you ask one of the saturday girls technical stuff, your not going to get much response.

towsure is well stocked and well priced.

if you want overpriced crap, try CCC!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Towsure in a word brilliant! Placed an order with them a few days ago, goods arrived at 9am yesterday,(Friday) but they sent the wrong stuff, quick phone call, and the correct item was delivered to me at 9am this morning,(Saturday) excellent service.

Allan & Gill.

Jul 11, 2005
Visit site
Same here, Just ordered a supermule a few days ago over the internet. Delivered in a few days, and I fitted it the same day.

Why bother going to the shop.

Edd

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
It's a funny thing, but if Towsure are so bad and have no stock how come that everytime I go in there I have to wait in a queue, when they have at least 3 tills going, behind people with trolleys stacked full of goods ??

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Are they still carrying on with that illegal practise?

They debited my card when they didn't even have the goods in stock and it took 6 weeks to recover my money.

I haven't used them since and neither shall I.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Kim,

If as you say you thought that the service you received in your local Towsure store was sub-standard,then why oh! why didn't you ask to speak to the Manager failing that a letter to the Managing director to make them aware of the poor service,if you don't make them see the sort of servicing they giving out,nothing will be done.As someone mentioned in one of the threads monkeys and peanuts come into it, and poor pay.Jim

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Sorry Jim, but for the six weeks that I waited for my money to be returned not one of my letters or E-mails was responded to.

They must have received them or how did they know that I wanted my money back?

Nov 4, 2004
Visit site
What is illegal practice about taking money even if the goods arent in stock.Lots of companies do it ,biggest one i know is Argos.Pre ordered a PS3 from them 10 weeks before launch and took my money at point of order.

Apr 13, 2005
Visit site
I was under the impression that they where only able to take a deposit if goods where not in stock unless you agree to the full amount being taken.

Having said this we are having problems at the moment with a utility company, we pay monthly for our gas and electric from the same company, they wrote to us aying we needed to put our monthly payment up from

Jan 3, 2007
Visit site
We take all retailers/suppliers as we find them. Some are good all the time, some bad all the time (these don't usually last), some are cheap and usually most are seen as good, average and bad, all at the same time.

However, most retailers have good intentions to deliver a service but there is little proof the service is consistantly good because they are only as good as those who work for them.

In the UK we don't encourage a "service attitude" and the role of the shopworker is seen by many as only a means to an end to earn a few pounds on a Saturday. The usual "Peanuts and Monkeys" comment comes to mind which is so infuriating.

However, there are thousands of low paid shop workers who do provide good service and they take pride in their job. It really is not just down to how much people get paid, it is all down to the attitude of staff, management and of course the attitude of the customers, many of whom are nothing short of downright rude at times.

If I have an experience of either poor service or excellent service I raise it with the store manager.

(NB: I worked in Food Retailing for over 20 years)

As far as Towsure is concerned I have only used them once. A few years ago I ordered some Fiamma kit by mail order and it arrived within 48 hours but they were the wrong parts. On investigation it was my own fault because I ordered the wrong ones....dawk!

As we were going away to visit friends in Birmingham the following week I asked if I could make an exchange in their store. No problem at all, they phoned me back within 15 minutes, after checking stock availability in store and confirmed they had put the correct kit to one side for collection on Saturday. The bonus was the correct item was

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts