Sep 5, 2005
Visit site
Having heard so much about towsure decided to pay them a visit on Saturday as needed a new awning and bits and bobs for our van.We visited the Sheffield branch and i can honstley say i was shocked at the level of service received saying it was awful is a misunderstatement.

Most of the staff were young kids and just didn't have any idea of anything to do with caravanning.Also wanted advice on bbqs but the ladies were to busy having a private conversation and just pointed and said they over there, with no offer of help at all.

Needless to say that i will not be visiting that store again.

Only thing gained was that were able to look at the clumber site park on way home to see what it was like and it looks great so hopefully will be visiting that site very soon.

Has anybody else had problems with towsure staff and can anyone recommend a good place to get an awning.

Many Thanks Kim

Aug 25, 2006
Visit site
I went last year to look at one of these lightweight quicky awning thingys.

As my van was an ABI (old model with swoopy roof) I asked if one of these lightweight ones would fit? "Dunno"

Would anyone else know? "No"

If I bought one, tried it and it didn`t fit could I bring it back? "No, `cos it wouldn`t be new then"

Well that was an inexpensive outing then, as I couldn`t be bothered to look at anything else. Must have been infectious....

Sep 5, 2005
Visit site
I went last year to look at one of these lightweight quicky awning thingys.

As my van was an ABI (old model with swoopy roof) I asked if one of these lightweight ones would fit? "Dunno"

Would anyone else know? "No"

If I bought one, tried it and it didn`t fit could I bring it back? "No, `cos it wouldn`t be new then"

Well that was an inexpensive outing then, as I couldn`t be bothered to look at anything else. Must have been infectious....
no change in staff knowledge then.................

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Kim,

If you know which awning you want do a google search for best price and delivery.

I have bought two recently and the best price and delivery was Waudbys. I recommend this company but wouldn't touch Towsure with the proverbial bargepole after my experiences with them.

Sep 5, 2005
Visit site
Kim,

If you know which awning you want do a google search for best price and delivery.

I have bought two recently and the best price and delivery was Waudbys. I recommend this company but wouldn't touch Towsure with the proverbial bargepole after my experiences with them.
THANKS ROD, WILL GIVE WAUDBYS A GO.

Apr 13, 2005
Visit site
Towsure is primarely a mail order company which just happens to open its warehouses to the public so although it is no excuse for bad manners or lack of knowledge you can't really blame the staff, they are after all just very low paid order pickers.

Aug 25, 2006
Visit site
In that case it`s the only warehouse Ive been to with a large car park, neat displays for caravan, camping and boating, a large display area for tents and awnings (all carpeted), racks of clothing, just about every accessory you could want on display shelves and a nice cafeterior which does a really nice full breakfast.

Not like any warehouse Ive been to.

G

All the points are valid. Towsure is as stated primarily a mail order Company, and can be excellent if you know exactly what you want to buy. Delivery is usally very quick. Similarly, the warehouse can give you a better idea of what the item you desire, may actually look like but I also accept that they don't necessarily offer as much technical advice as you might get from a dealer, although even here there can be questions. As also mentioned the accesory departments in any business are often manned by part time staff whose main function is to scan purchases and take the cash. The words 'peanuts' and 'monkeys' come to mind.

I personally have tried to get items from the Towsure stand at Caravan Shows, and have often given up due to the poor service on offer.

May I suggest that you accept that this is part and parcel of modern day shopping. Blame the Internet.

Sep 5, 2005
Visit site
Can understand you all saying it is a mailorder shop originally but then they should not advertise in there brouchure to come and visit one of our superstores not warehouses......and see our FRIENDLEY, KNOWLEDABLE staff.....

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Another good company to try - very helpful and reasonable for costs - www.frontear-leisure.co.uk. They have a showroom in the Gwent vallies and do a lot of business by mail order.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Another good company to try - very helpful and reasonable for costs - www.frontear-leisure.co.uk. They have a showroom in the Gwent vallies and do a lot of business by mail order.
beg your pardon should be "www.frontier-leisure.co.uk" Sorry

Mar 13, 2007
Visit site
I bought a tow bar and accsesories from towsure for the mondeo

looked on web site telephoned my order paid with card over phone delivered nextday 10am (no complaints at all) so why travel to showroom??

Nov 7, 2005
Visit site
Have to say I've visited the Southampton branch - and have never had a problem. Got good advice on aerials, awnings, TVs, hitches and many other things. I come away loaded with all the basics because they're generally cheaper.

It's not just Towsure Kim, you'll find the know-nothing fresh-faced part-timers at Halfords, B&Q, Homebase and all the big stores. Avoid them like the plague - there ARE knowledgeable staff in the store...these days it's up to you to persist until you get hold of them!

Sep 5, 2005
Visit site
I bought a tow bar and accsesories from towsure for the mondeo

looked on web site telephoned my order paid with card over phone delivered nextday 10am (no complaints at all) so why travel to showroom??
we visited as wanted to look at the awnings as needed a new one and really unsure at what we looking at. kim

May 21, 2008
Visit site
Looking at the comments here it seems quite simple.

Towsure have in their efforts to give us the best value (lowest price) have not invested in trained caravan proffessionals, but do have a gang of people who can pick and pack. Hence the good delivery of mail order items.

Why not pop to your local caravan dealer to pick his brains and then buy from towsure online to save the cash.

Not all youngsters are "dunno's". We met a very helpfull lad in Halfords yesterday when we wanted to replace our CD player. He has demonstrated a DVD/CD MP3 radio to us and thrown in free fitting and could also answer all our questions including detail on our specific caras regards fitting and knew the law on fitting video screens to vehicles. No doubt well trained, but also well interested in his job.

Steve L.

Jun 25, 2005
Visit site
Hi

A bit further north than Sheffield try Wauby's they have a shop near Hull, also a web site, another to try is Wanderholme, just off the A1 at Knottingly. Have bought awnings from both, staff very helpful and knowledgeable

Annette

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I,ll second Annette's view, I stopped using Towsure a long time ago in favour of Waudbys.

I have not visited, only bought via the internet. Excellent service, prices and delivery charges far lower and faster than Towsure.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have found that a visit to the larger shops are often better carried out during the week when the part time staff are not usually in store. The weekend staff are often thrown in at the deepend and have to learn both customer skills and product knowledge as they go on and as this is often the busiest time they will need a longer period to absorb the knowledge.

Marc

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I use the Birmingham branch of Towsure regulary. During the week it's staff are helpfull and knowledgeable but during weekends it is mainly staffed by young part timers who have little or no caravanning / camping interests.

PS dont forget to flash your CC or CCC card to get a 5% discount.

Al

May 5, 2005
Visit site
we looked at a step in towsure it had to be assembled and one of the (young) staff members put it together saying if you dont want it it can go in display i think the trick is going when they are not busy we have been to Jacksons of old arley and not got any help on weekends

May 22, 2006
Visit site
We went on Sunday, I had a list of 6 items I wanted and came away with one of them, could not find the rest. We were down at Sheffield at the ice arena so had a look there first would not bother again, United British Caravans at Gosforth have a much better display and prices are better

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts