Vison plus TV amplifier

May 8, 2023
Visit site
Hey campers. Our vision plus TV amplifier has packed in and I'm looking to get a replacement. Our old one is attached in the photo, can I assume I can be replaced with a newer version?? Amplifier

Attachments

• 17167145686327142078822679057527.jpg
    17167145686327142078822679057527.jpg
    723.9 KB · Views: 2
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
You can but make sure it is compatible with your model of aerial. Years ago they were colour coded red or blue, not sure what colours today

May 8, 2023
Visit site
You can but make sure it is compatible with your model of aerial. Years ago they were colour coded red or blue, not sure what colours today
Thanks, when you say colour coded, what part are you referring to?? The Arial it's self or the booster. Just so I can have a look for it. Thanks 👍🏽

Oct 8, 2006
Visit site
With the shown picture of the aerial interface box, check that the writing on the aerial outside (likely it will be a fixed flying saucer type aerial) is the same colour of red/orange. If it is then then you have a cost issue.

Red/orange writing, and as said most likely a flying saucer aerial, means the amp is inside the aerial and the interface box simply provides power up the aerial cable to make the amp work. The interface box will have three connectors, one for power, one for the aerial, one to provide TV signal out. There will also be two switches, one to turn power on and off, and the other to switch an attenuator into circuit to prevent picture break-up due to signal overload.

If the aerial is a newer type - likely with purple/blue writing - the amp is inside the VP2 interface box but otherwise the aerial assembly is much the same. A full replacement - Status 350 + VP2 - will cost you around ÂŁ115 - of which you may have no option. You may want to contact VP (Nottingham) to confirm that the old/failed aerial has the same physical system of mounting as the Status 350.

May 8, 2023
Visit site
With the shown picture of the aerial interface box, check that the writing on the aerial outside (likely it will be a fixed flying saucer type aerial) is the same colour of red/orange. If it is then then you have a cost issue.

Red/orange writing, and as said most likely a flying saucer aerial, means the amp is inside the aerial and the interface box simply provides power up the aerial cable to make the amp work. The interface box will have three connectors, one for power, one for the aerial, one to provide TV signal out. There will also be two switches, one to turn power on and off, and the other to switch an attenuator into circuit to prevent picture break-up due to signal overload.

If the aerial is a newer type - likely with purple/blue writing - the amp is inside the VP2 interface box but otherwise the aerial assembly is much the same. A full replacement - Status 350 + VP2 - will cost you around ÂŁ115 - of which you may have no option. You may want to contact VP (Nottingham) to confirm that the old/failed aerial has the same physical system of mounting as the Status 350.
Thanks for the explanation 👍🏽

Oct 8, 2006
Visit site
Sorry Prof, but in this case you are wrong. The old internal box might be obsolete as it is only a power supply and filter. The VP2 is an amp in its own right and simply handles and distributes any incoming signal but it cannot supply power to the amp in the aerial so the OP will be in a signal-free environment.
The more modern Status 350 (with purple/blue writing on the aerial case) IS compatible with the VP2 (and VP3/VP5) as there is no amp in the 350 aerial head.
Been there, done that, etc etc..........

May 8, 2023
Visit site
Last update, issue solved. Vp2 was purchased from Amazon. Just fitted and tuned on my drive, picked up channels again! Happy days, happy camping

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts