Toyota Hi Lux Surf

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi. I am about to buy one of these 3 litre Surfs with auto transmission. I am just waiting for the colour I want. (Blue over silver) Does anyone tow with one? I will be fitting a transmission oil cooler. I am expecting to get about 26 mpg solo from it. What does anyone else get to the gallon? I heard they give cylinder head problems but was told this problem is with the 2.4 engine.

Thanks.

Jim

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Jim,

My son has a 3.0L surf. He does not tow with it but my experience of towing, and of driving this car tells me that it will be good. There is a power button in the cab that changes the gearshift points, ideal for towing. It should already have a trans cooler, or maybe thats onlt auto's, the cooler runs a pipe through the bottom of the rad.

Regards.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Jim

My son in law has one of these a Japanese import he has the 3 ltre automatic, he doesnt pull a caravan but uses it to pull a catering trailor and its normally well loaded ie cans drink 4-6 big gas bottles, he recons its more economical than any of the other 4x4 he has had, he now lives in Portugal and drives back for 6 months and pulls this trailor about, the trailor is a twin wheel overal length about 22 feet and heavy the surf doesnt even strain and he doesnt have gearbox cooler it doesnt need it his is a 96 model

G

Boys and their toys...yawn yawn! Get back to caravans please or watch men & motors.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts