Toyota Landcruiser Amazon

Jun 7, 2005
Visit site
Now that it would seem possible to have a serious debate on tow vehicles. After all it is probably the most important decision you will have to make following your van purchase (indeed it is very likely it will be an integral part of this decision) I would be interested to hear any comments from anyone who has experience towing with this vehicle.

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
Putting aside the fact that it's a 4x4 and raising the old futile discussion again, alone on the basis of its kerbweight (2520kg to 2715kg depending on equipment) and its approved max. towload of 3500kg, it must be just about the ultimate in towing ability short of using a truck. Because of its almost boundless capabilities, I would say that it would be going over the top a bit to buy one just for the primary purpose of towing a caravan, even a relatively big one.

Jul 12, 2005
Visit site
great car, well put together and very capabale at towing. However, I agree with Lutz, consider what else you will use it for as it will not be cheap just to pull the caravan.

I use a discovery to tow with, and also have a 2.5l estate car. I use the disco for off roading (photography hobby)and pulling the new van (which is 1770kg so the estate will not pull it).

If the running costs do not bother you, I say go ahead. You will love the driving position and the room inside. Have fun!

Steve

Jun 7, 2005
Visit site
great car, well put together and very capabale at towing. However, I agree with Lutz, consider what else you will use it for as it will not be cheap just to pull the caravan.

I use a discovery to tow with, and also have a 2.5l estate car. I use the disco for off roading (photography hobby)and pulling the new van (which is 1770kg so the estate will not pull it).

If the running costs do not bother you, I say go ahead. You will love the driving position and the room inside. Have fun!

Steve
Steve

May have misled you a bit, I now tow with one of these animals and am so made up with it I was just looking for anyone elses comments just to see if it was just me. I have used it daily for work (well for the last 100,000 miles) and prefer to drive it than anything. I aslo tow a large van 1740KG which I did previously with a Disco.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts