Toyota Previa

Jun 28, 2008
Visit site
Hi,

I have a Previa 8 seater 2.4l Petrol and 4 kids. I have just bought my first van, a 6 berth Sprite Major6 and now dead excited about going out in it.

I have booked on a caravan club course, but I was just wondering if there is any particular advice anyone could give on towing with this car?

Cheers,

Mark

Jul 11, 2006
Visit site
Mark, I towed the Abbey Vogue version of your van with a 2.4 petrol Previa (2002) until earlier this year.

The noseweight of the Previa is very low at 65Kg and I tuned it to precisely 65Kg every time. Likewise I adjusted the tyre pressures to maximum each tow.

On the positive side it didn't have a problem in a year's worth of towing. On one occasion a biker cut across us on a dual carriageway, hit a sign, bounced back into our path and the Previa steered round him without snake or any problem apart from my adrenalin (I had to stop in the next layby to calm down).

We have now changed for a heavier car with a turbo diesel (Kia Sedona) partly to re-plate the van to 1800kg and partly because it is easier to tow with the Sedona. However, the Previa towed OK and your van is lighter.

This is our first van and we love it, hope you get similar enjoyment from yours. BTW, the CC towing course was great.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts