Tracker - Bailey - warning!

Jun 18, 2008
Visit site
Warning to owners of Baileys with factory fitted Trackers. We have had our Indiana for a year so I expected a request for renewal of subscription from Tracker. As I didn't get one, I phoned them. They have no record of our caravan being registered - it has not therfore been covered for the last year! Scary! I phoned the dealer who said this is the second instance they know of of Tracker not completing the registration process. I suggest all people potentially affected double-check that they are actually covered.

Aug 4, 2005
Visit site
Can I ask if you registered your van with Tracker yourself when you bought it. I purchased my Bailey last Spring and was told by my dealer that for security reasons I needed to contact Tracker and register it myself.

I think, and hope, its working.

Robert

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Our Abbey 620 was fitted with a Phantom tracker but the dealer never said much about it when we collected the caravan.

It was only after we telephoned Phantom that we were registered.

One way to check if your tracker is working or not is to move the caravan or disconnect the battery without telephoning them to inform them.

I moved the caravan across the storage yard and they telephoned my home number so if you do this but hear nothing the chances are that your tracker isn't registered or working.

Jun 18, 2008
Visit site
Can I ask if you registered your van with Tracker yourself when you bought it. I purchased my Bailey last Spring and was told by my dealer that for security reasons I needed to contact Tracker and register it myself.

I think, and hope, its working.

Robert
Our dealer said they had faxed the registration form, with our contact details etc, to Tracker a year ago. Anyway, I think everything is now sorted. I faxed all the essential details from the registration form myself to Tracker today and they have confirmed by phone that everything is now set up. Obviously I will get this next year free, as the caravan has never been covered. Next year I will get the option of taking out whole life cover, or year by year. Is it worth it? Well, speaking to my sister-in-law who is an ex traffic cop, the system does work extremely well once it is activated.

May 13, 2008
Visit site
was thinking of doing that but our alarm is switched on and off with the tracker,have to keep the earplugs in
Be aware that the type of Tracker on some caravans differ from those on cars.I have a Bailey Senator series 6 Wyoming and contacted Tracker to tell them I was changing the battery and to expect an activation. I was told that it would not activate my tracker as Tracker have adapted thier system for caravaners who regularly dis-connect thier battery.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts