Tracker choices

May 1, 2007
Visit site
Looks like I may have to get a tracker device to satisfy the insurance. Really didn't want one and not convinced about their effectiveness - put it in a metal container / room and the GPS signal can't get thru!

If I have to get one can somebody recommend a system that would satisfy the insurance and take the minimum dent out of my already seriously depleted wallet! We're new to 'vanning and it seems to be a bit like standing in a tin box tearing up £10 notes!

SMS

Dec 6, 2006
Visit site
Seems unusual that the insurance company insists on a tracking device. Have you tried The Caravan Club insurance, they dont insist on a tracker but you can get 10% off if you have one.

Nov 4, 2004
Visit site
We are with the Caravan Club for insurance and we had to have a tracker fitted.We claimed last year for the loss of our van.

Opted for the Phantom after intial teething probs all ok now.

I think Insurance companies will specify a tracker more and more on twin axles as the recover rate is so low

May 1, 2007
Visit site
Yup - our van is one of those Twin Axles so attractive to enterprising romany folk.

I know there are self tracking mob phone kits out there but I doubt these would be acceptable to an insurance company.

I really don't want the van back if it's been full of macrame, crystal balls a pit bull sh*t

SMS

Dec 6, 2006
Visit site
Yup - our van is one of those Twin Axles so attractive to enterprising romany folk.

I know there are self tracking mob phone kits out there but I doubt these would be acceptable to an insurance company.

I really don't want the van back if it's been full of macrame, crystal balls a pit bull sh*t
Not impressed with your comments on Romanys. Considering whether to refer to moderators.

Mar 11, 2007
Visit site
Kevin

It may be of interest to you that Clubcare (The Camping & Caravanning Club) only recognise the Phantom Tracker.

I have a Smartrack tracker (Thatham EVQ10190 spec) but cannot get discount from Clubcare.

Seems unfair!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brum

Jun 5, 2005
Visit site

Go round any romany or gypsy camp and you will see the majority of outfits are twin axle , what is you complaint??

Jan 7, 2007
Visit site
Kevin,

Brum is quite right in that the C&CC only recognise the Phantom tracker but as an incentive if you get one fitted via their club secure scheme you get a free tilt sensor and a free years membership to the afore said club as well as major savings with most insurance companies.

We had one fitted recently as although we have a single axle it was a condition of our insurance as Van, awnings & accessories cost over

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts