Tracker Subscription

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Got my renewal notice for Tracker subscription yesterday - £39-95 for the year. Then I remembered seeing somewhere some months ago that Tracker had reduced their subscriptions especially the "lifetime" subscription - no mention of it on the renewal letter I received. (NB Lifetime means for as long as you own the 'van.)

A quick phone call to Tracker followed and yes, lifetime is available for £99.

As we intend to keep our Bailey California for some years no prizes for guessing which I bought!

Mike

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Mike

We purchased a new Pegasus early March fitted with a Tracker. My dealer told me I should get a confirmation from Tracker which to date I have not. Did you get a confirmation of your Tracker registration from them after you bought the van?

Henry

Jun 22, 2007
Visit site
Henry,

I purchased a Bailey mid April which also has the tracker fitted and was also told that I would get confirmation from Tracker(wrong) I contacted Tracker who stated that they had not recieved any correspondence from the caravan sellers and until they recieved that it could not be confirmed.You should have been given a copy of the form which gives all your van,s details on a Tracker form.I contacted my dealers who were adamant they had forwarded the correct documents so I E mailed my copy to Dealer who sent it again result Nothing.Contacted Tracker again who said nothing recoeved so they then made out a copy with all my details over the phone result the Tracker is now live and I have today recieved confirmation letter from Tracker You need to contavt either Tracker (who are OK) or your caravan dealer

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Thanks, I will get on the case again. I have already spoken to my dealer and they promised to chase Tracker but still no confirmation. I watched my dealer fax the original details to Tracker when I picked the van up so I wonder if the problem is their end.

Apr 13, 2005
Visit site
tracker seem to be a victim of their own success at the moment, i had a lot of trouble getting the unit fitted to my caravan activated after i asked tracker to check the unit was working one year after purchase and they claimed they had not received the paperwork, i had owned the van for a full year with no protection since it had not been activated.

I also have a friend who had a tracker unit fitted to his transit van on a lifetime agreement, he was contacted recently by tracker to do a check on the vehicles whereabouts as the tracker was now 5 years old and somebody else had requested a tracker to be fitted to the van, he had in fact told them 3 years earlier that he had sold the vehicle and the tracker should be de activated, obviously they did not carry this request out.

On another note i recently purchased a ford transit van and decided that i needed a tracking system fitting to it, after lots of research i decided to go for a gps / gsm based system that i could monitor myself, i purchased one of these units and took my van in to the dealer to have it fitted. the dealer rang me to tell me had found that the van was already tracked by a company called "remote asset management" and he could not remove their equipment without authority. i contacted this company and they agreed i could remove the equipment but only after they had checked that i was now the legal owner, they had details of every journey i had made since i purchased the vehicle, i am told that the vehicle was limited to a 100 mile radius of manchester and if i had gone out of this area the tracker would have alerted them to an "illegal movement", that would have been fun as i intend to use the van to go to france every 6 weeks. ive now had their equipment removed and my own fitted. my tracker is a really good unit from what ive seen up to now, it texts me every time the van is started and tells me its location, i can auto track it on google earth and i can dial in to it and listen to any audio and voices within the van if the van is stolen. great piece of kit with no yearly subscriptions just keep the pay as you go sim topped up, ive put around 2000 texts on to make sure it never runs out if stolen.

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Hi Mike

Been in touch with Tracker. No sign of my registration but very helpful young lady asked me to email copy of my document which I did. She phoned back shortly afterwards to confirm receipt and say that everything was set up on their system, also gave me a membership number.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts