tracker systems

Nov 1, 2005
Visit site
I would like to have a tracker fitted to my 'van. Can anyone offer any suggestions as to what to buy, cost, etc? Thanks very much.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Craig,

There are a number of tracker systms on the market but the one which seems to get a number of favourable reports is the Phantom.

I spoke to a police officer who was manning the caravan security stand at the Earls Court show and he was very enthusiastic about it. He is a member of the committee who advises the industry on security and has had one fitted onto his own van.

I have just ordered one for my new van (it is being fitted today) and will know more after we pick the van up at the weekend.

Now the downside. They are not cheap. The Phantom Pro-active, which will send a message to the call centre as soon as the van is tampered with, is

Nov 1, 2005
Visit site
Cheers Clarky. I've heard the Phantom mentioned before, but 500quid seems like a lot of dough. I seem to recall having trackers fitted to cars years ago for about

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
Hi

Continuing this thread Towsure are doing a tracker(phantom) that requires NO subscription,can you tell me the difference,and which is the best as I too am considering one!

Thanks

Tina xx

Jul 3, 2006
Visit site
Hi I think this may hopefully be the best place to post both a warning about a tracker system and to recount my recent dreadful experience.

Four to six weeks I had a pro-active tracker system fitted to my twin-axle caravan and 3 days ago the Farmer on whose farm my caravan was stored phoned me to inform me that the caravan had been stolen. At no time did the tracker company notify me that the caravan was on the move - why?

I had thought that I would be protected by this device being fitted, but it seems I was seriously misled because my caravan has now disappeared, and I am out of pocket for over

Feb 1, 2006
Visit site
Hi I think this may hopefully be the best place to post both a warning about a tracker system and to recount my recent dreadful experience.

Four to six weeks I had a pro-active tracker system fitted to my twin-axle caravan and 3 days ago the Farmer on whose farm my caravan was stored phoned me to inform me that the caravan had been stolen. At no time did the tracker company notify me that the caravan was on the move - why?

I had thought that I would be protected by this device being fitted, but it seems I was seriously misled because my caravan has now disappeared, and I am out of pocket for over

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Nicki

I really no not want to rub salt in the wound - As I would be devastated if what has happened to you had happened to me.

However - as an IFA - I am curious - whilst I do not deal with General Insurance (I have someone else do that) - I am amazed that you went to the trouble and expence of having a tracker fitted but then didn't pick up the phone to your broker, Direct Line, NFU, whoever and get the thing "on risk" straight away.

These guys can email/fax/post you a confirmation Cover Note straight away!

I am frankly staggerred that a piece of kit worth

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts