tracking device

Aug 28, 2005
Visit site
Hi all , i have just called Caravan Guard for an insurance quote for my lunar lexon 640 T/A ,2007 model , then they said that the value new for old is £17000.00 and they asked if i had tracking device fitted ,i said no , then they said are you prepared to have one fitted for a cost of between 4 to 5 hundred pounds ,i said no , then they said we cant go any further until you have one , they didnt want to know about the 2 wheel locks ,and hitch lock ,and alarm , and video camera with recorder aimed at it , plus a car parked in front of it

Aug 28, 2005
Visit site
i had an email from Highbridge caravans saying 20% off so i just thought i would give caravan guard a call to get a quote , i have been very happy with Crusader the last few years ,

May 21, 2008
Visit site
Guys.

I think that the caravan manufacturers should fit the tracker as a standard item on all vans retailing above 14 grand if the insurance companies require them as a pre-requisit to them insuring you against theft.

I certainly don't endorse anyone fitting DIY trackers as they are not recognised by insurers as bona fida items.

Got to be carefull on that one as I was slated for being too sensative about personal privacey. You see I tried the two tracing sites offered there and despite being just your typical Joe Public, I could put atrace on my daughters mobile. So that just proved to me that using a reputable alarm/tracker firm was the safe way to go.

ATB

Steve L.

Jun 30, 2009
Visit site
HI all. Im currently looking to get a tracking system for my Swift caravan. i have been looking at getting a monitored tracker, but im not sure whether paying for the monitoring would be worth it when you can get cheaper 'self-track' trackers. I dont really want to have the hassle of chasing my caravan down the motorway! but im unsure about paying for thetracking in addition to the hardwaare.

Jun 30, 2009
Visit site
HI all. Im currently looking to get a tracking system for my Swift caravan. i have been looking at getting a monitored tracker, but im not sure whether paying for the monitoring would be worth it when you can get cheaper 'self-track' trackers. I dont really want to have the hassle of chasing my caravan down the motorway! but im unsure about paying for thetracking in addition to the hardwaare.

Jun 30, 2009
Visit site

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts