Transfer removal

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
I have recently bought a Burstner MH where the previous owner had a number of decals (tranfers) positioned on the sides and rear (8 qty). What is the best way to remove these? Will it need to be T cutted after removal etc.

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
No, Clive's definitiely not spam - I wouldn't fancy eating him with chips.
smiley-smile.gif

Welcome to the new gang Clive - you certainly get a better class of insult over here
smiley-laughing.gif
!

R

RobGanley

Hi there
We've had a few problems with spammers, but we're doing our best to remove and block it wherever it rears its ugly head.
Thanks for being patient with us.
Rob, editor

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
Hi Tony and Rob,
Its just another bunch of scalliwags to keep an eye on.

Re the original question cutting back the finish on the coachwork after taking off plastic letters etc is a a variable craft. A lot depends on what the material is. Also the paint finish on pre-painted aluminium sheeting is frequently only a few microns thick, its very easy to cut back to bright ally. GRP surfaces, I have used chrome cleaner to good effect but suggest that whatever you use try it on a sample area first.

C.

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Hi
You may have had some problems with spam but I suggest caution before deciding someone is 'spam'. Clive may have a strange sense of humour at times but is an expert you do not want to upset.
Art

R

RobGanley

Ha, Ha. I'd never call Clive Spam. He's a good egg, certainly, but never Spam.
He's a valued contributor to the magazine, and chips in with some gems to this forum.
The Spam post that caused complaints has been removed from the site now, but the objections to it remain. Sorry if that's unclear to a new user, and we'll look at ways of making this more obvious in future.
Regards

Rob Ganley, editor

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the clarification Rob, and well done for removing the bad 'un before most of us even saw it!
Rob Ganley said:
Ha, Ha. I'd never call Clive Spam. He's a good egg, certainly, but never Spam.
He's a valued contributor to the magazine, and chips in with some gems to this forum.
Spam, egg AND chips - that's food for thought!

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
And maybe an automatic "Posting removed by Moderators" to fill the space to avoid misunderstandings?
Clive's shoulders are broad and we've all had a laugh about it, but Andy's "spam alert" posting of 2 Dec could have ended up immediately underneath something from a newcomer.

Jan 2, 2011
Visit site
Slightly going off the subject of removal, and going on to sticking one on, does anyone have any idea where I can get a plain black contact paper that will handle being stuck to the exterior of a M/H?
I had my exhaust blow on the way to Scotland, and took it to a Garage to have a replacement put on. Didn't find out until we reached Scotland the next day, that, when they put it on the hoist, one of the metal roof trusses pierced the roof at the back. I've pop riveted a plate over it and it has sealed ok, and even though I've painted it, and I know it's there!!! and it stands out like the proverbial at the rear of a dog, to me anyhow! Thought I could cut out a siloette of something to hide it Any Ideas?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts