Trauma heater goes out

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Hi all need some urgent help,!!!
My van is only 3 years old and as I write this we are away with the family and last night i went to turn gas fire on as getting very cold and after I release the igniter buttoon the gas flame puffs intermittently and electric spark cuts back in when flame goes out.
If I hold the button down it lights again but as soon as I release it, it acts up?
After a half an hour twiddle I have now got to the stage where i can keep it alight if I keep the temp knob down below 3 but as soon as I try to turn it up it starts spluttering again.
Appreciate any help
Graham

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
More to Sproket's answer, In teh weather we have had o er this Easter you should be using Propane not Butane. If the ambient temperature falls below about 5C Butane will have trouble supplying gas to the larger appliances such as space heaters. Propane is good for all UK weather conditions.

If however the gas is not the problem, sadly the heater may need to be serviced. Heaters are not ordinarily
'serviced' during normal caravan services. Especially over winter several types of insects can find their way into these appliances and can corrupt the mixing venturi in the gas burner which can cause problems with establishing a stable flame.

Servicing of gas appliances is not a DIY job, as there are specific standards that need to be applied to the work for the safety of everyone.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts