Travel insurance for Spain and Portugal-despite Covid

PTA

Mar 5, 2020
Visit site
Apparently, according to the Times and Telegraph, it is possible to obtain legitimate travel insurance for these countries whilst FCO categorises both as "essential travel only." The policies include health, life and repatriation cover for UK citizens.
They are;
Spain. "Battlefield"- fully accredited and Lloyds listed.
Portugal. "Bonus Mediacao de Seguras". backed up by Portuguese government.

I offer this news without any value judgements (or costs) and it would obviously be necessary to do your own research.

I would also add that I have absolutely NO pecuniary interest in either. Just thought it might be of interest.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I do not understand Why people want to travel overseas at the moment, with this Covid problem, give it a break this year, why risk taking it there or bringing it back. Sorry I think you are mad.

PTA

Mar 5, 2020
Visit site
I do not understand Why people want to travel overseas at the moment, with this Covid problem, give it a break this year, why risk taking it there or bringing it back. Sorry I think you are mad.

Check infection rates in Portugal...and compare with UK.
So long as returnees quarantine.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I didn’t say that my wife was planning to travel this year. All I said was that CMHC were offering it until end December 2020.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
As I said , why are people going, away just now, with all this unknown Covid problems of lockdown going on, Stop travel , stop Transfer of infection.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
We are thinking of going aboard next year but we will have to renew the passports first and if the Covid not finish we go later

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
As I said , why are people going, away just now, with all this unknown Covid problems of lockdown going on, Stop travel , stop Transfer of infection.
I'm with you on this one Hutch,in my opinion anyone travelling abroad is taking a risk and is irresponsible.(I enjoy their tales of woe when they return)

PTA

Mar 5, 2020
Visit site
We are currently in the Algarve. Covid is almost non existant in this area of Portugal. Also, the locals, including youths ,seem to exercise responsibility in terms of social distancing, mask wearing and not gathering in crowds (unlike pictures I see of similar contexts in the UK).
Unlike Spain, it feels safe and well managed.
We are glad we came and, as we have to drive through Spain to catch the ferry when we decide to return, we will be happy to quarantine in UK.

Sep 16, 2018
Visit site
Here in North Norfolk it works out to 20 per million, long may it remain so. The WHO figures are jmportant but lump major cities with rural areas.

Reactions: PTA

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts