Travel Insurance?

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Hi all, its that woman again!!!This time can you point me in the right direction for travel insurance.We are 67 and 62 years young and need personal cover for 6 weeks in France/Germany. I have looked on some websites but I do not know if my new hip and HIMSELFs old rota cuff op is covered or not.My best point of reference is the experts on this forum You have done a sterling job so far!!

Thursdays Child

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
TC

Firstly is it possible your Bank or Credit Card Company are giving you free Travel Insurance that you are unaware of. Eg RBS Royalties Gold or the Lloyds TSB Platinum card holders get it free.

No matter what you do make sure you take a European Health Insurance card with you.

See:- http://www.nhs.uk/nhsengland/Healthcareabroad/pages/Healthcareabroad.aspx

As far as Travel Insurances go start with the two caravan clubs, and then try your own domestic home and car insurers to see what they have to offer.

Then you can surf the net!

Most important of all is that you fully notify the Insurer of absolutely every illness , problem or operation you have had in ???? years. They will tell you how far back you need go.You can check with your doctor. Tell them about every single drug you take.

Why ? You may ask.

Unfortunately over the last few years many a travel insurer has sort to reject a claim on the grounds of non disclosure of a material fact saying the illness on holiday arose because of , say a splinter, that wasn't notified to them prior to your holiday or inception of the policy.

make sure amongst everything else that full repatriation is covered in the event one of you falls ill.

Lastly check with your household insurers that your home cover wil continue for the full 6 weeks you are away. I assume the home will "technically" be unoccupied? Most Insurers only allow 4 weeks unless special arrangements are made.

That's plenty for you to sort out. Good luck.

Cheers

Dustydog

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Dustydog, have a big pat on the head,you have given me what I asked for. We are on the case right now.Fortunately? our son lives with us and so the house will be occupied.

Thank you so much.

Thursdays Child

Nov 28, 2007
Visit site
TC

Firstly is it possible your Bank or Credit Card Company are giving you free Travel Insurance that you are unaware of. Eg RBS Royalties Gold or the Lloyds TSB Platinum card holders get it free.

No matter what you do make sure you take a European Health Insurance card with you.

See:- http://www.nhs.uk/nhsengland/Healthcareabroad/pages/Healthcareabroad.aspx

As far as Travel Insurances go start with the two caravan clubs, and then try your own domestic home and car insurers to see what they have to offer.

Then you can surf the net!

Most important of all is that you fully notify the Insurer of absolutely every illness , problem or operation you have had in ???? years. They will tell you how far back you need go.You can check with your doctor. Tell them about every single drug you take.

Why ? You may ask.

Unfortunately over the last few years many a travel insurer has sort to reject a claim on the grounds of non disclosure of a material fact saying the illness on holiday arose because of , say a splinter, that wasn't notified to them prior to your holiday or inception of the policy.

make sure amongst everything else that full repatriation is covered in the event one of you falls ill.

Lastly check with your household insurers that your home cover wil continue for the full 6 weeks you are away. I assume the home will "technically" be unoccupied? Most Insurers only allow 4 weeks unless special arrangements are made.

That's plenty for you to sort out. Good luck.

Cheers

Dustydog
My Direct line house insurance is 60 days.

I was considering only yesterday Lloyds " Silver " offers only to find that it didn't cover you over 65 (which I am in Nov) or pre-existing complaints. Their free breakdown cover is Roadside only, so I gave up.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts