travel insurance

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
We've been travelling Europe for about twelve years now, always on extended tours of ten or twelve weeks.
I have never bothered about travel insurance, other than to report Herself's pre-existing problems, as we've been covered by our Barclay's Bank insurance.
Imagine, then, my horror at discovering that their cover is only for 31 days! We've been touring for twelve years without any cover. I can't believe that we've been lucky enough to get away with it!
I immediately started looking for extended cover, as even our "short" trip this year will be for 42 days, but found some of the quotes outrageous. The cheapest I got was £106, just for this one trip!
Anyway, I've now sorted it with Barclays, for £65, but it got me wondering how my fellow extended travelers manage, as I know there are others who go out for long periods.
Do you just smile and pay, or have I missed something?
We do our vehicle breakdown insurance through ADAC, who provide all sorts of repatriation cover, but I'm not sure about health.

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
emmerson We too are covered by our Lloyds Bank account but we get 62 days which is good for us.
hen and where are you off to this year? We leave mid April for Austria total holiday 62 days.
Happy and Safe Caravanning.
Dianne

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
Hi Dianne. We're going the wrong way again!
Anne wanted a shorter break this year, so we're going to Normandy, April 26th to June 7th, which includes the European Classic Caravan Rally near Amiens.
So, once again we cannot meet up, so we'll raise a glass or two to you from France.
Enjoy and go safe.

Emmerson

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts