Traveller's Cheques

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Read today in this month's Camping and Caravanning magazine about someone who had a terrible time trying to change traveller's cheques in France. We have some left from last year and are now wondering if it would be better to change then at our bank instead and take the cash. has anyone had any trouble with them this year

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I gave up taking travellers cheques after 2003 because of problems finding a bank that exchanged them. I just take euros and my Switch card now.

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
It's probably not only in France where one might have difficulty. A number of European countries have abolished any form of cheques. I can't remember when I used one last other than that ancient example I used to pay the deposit with at Lickhill Manor.

Jul 20, 2005
Visit site
I can't understand why anyone uses travellers' cheques at all. we haven't carried them in France for around 15 years. We take as many Euros as we came back with last time, just to get our first cup of coffee and then head for a hole in the wall. If you get around

Apr 27, 2006
Visit site
Carol,

Have you heard of the new American Express "Travellers Cheque" card. You can purchase it from Thomson Bureax de Change or Amex and put on however many Euros you like. You can then use it the same as a credit card in restaurants etc. or to get cash out of an ATM, until the amount you placed on the card has run out, you can then also reload it with more Euros if you require. I have just used one in America, with dollars, and it worked fine.

Chris

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts