travelling to slovinia from Dunkerque

Nov 5, 2006
Visit site
we are travelling down to slovenia on the 29th using recommended route from via michelling.could any one advise on a couple of overnight sites please.

I have been recomended Buttelwoog near Dahn Germany but at 450 miles it may be a bit to far. I recon 2 stop's would be better

thankyou

Tony

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
Hi Tony

Don't know which route Michelin have given you, But we came down from the tunnel on 15th April to Southern Austria. We had friends with us in their caravan so stopped 4 nights at each site. When we are on our own and want to get down quicker we would only stop 1 night at Oberweiss near Bitburg, Wolfach in the Black Forest, Bertchesgaden and the last 136 mile to Ossiachersee which is only 1 hour from Lake Bled. We really do not like to travel much more than 200 miles at a time though our first journey is more than that can give you the mileage if you would like it. We leave Calais at 5.30 am roughly and arrive Oberweiss for just after noon. If you are interested in details of any of the sites, which are all ACSI 2 of them are 5 star E15. nite. the other one is E13. All are very good especially the first two. Just let me known.

Don't forget it is now 35 euros, minimum for 6 months, to drive on the main roads in Slovenia you have to buy Vignette at border since July last year. With the caravan you would certainly need main and motorway. We always stop here in Austria and go to Slovenia for the day as the Caravan sites are certainly much better here and the vingette only E7.60 for 10 days. We have 2 months for E22.

Nov 5, 2006
Visit site
Hi Dianne I would be interested in the ACSI site names please

We are leaving dunkeque about 1030 0n friday & using the e42 most of the way as reccommended by Via michelin

Like you I feel 200 miles a day is enough we are heading for Bled first & on to Croatia,We have 6weeks away but no definate plan's so any thing is welcome

Tony

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
Tony sorry I could not reply last night but below list of sites.

Prumtal Camping, 5 star. Oberweiss near Bitburg is excellent you must try restaurant. Page 210 in ACSI Camping card book Site no. 466

Alisehof, 5 star, Bad Rippoldsau-Schapbach is excellent the owner Kurt is so helpful, New toilet/shower block fantastic. Good place to tour the Black Forest from. Page 178 Site No.371.

Both these sites we have been to many times and cannot fault. Will be back at Prumtal mid June on our way home.

Winkle-Landthal, Bishofsweiesen, near Bertchesgaden 4 star. Page 181. Site no 381.

It was the first time we had visited this site but we liked it we would go back again. So much to see in this area Eagles Nest, Konigsee, Ober Salzburg and of course Salzburg itself. Before we have stopped at a site nearer the Konigsee but it was not ACSI.

If you venture to here at Ossiachersee near Villach there are many ACSI sites but we have been coming here to Jodl for 6 years now staying 5 weeks at a time. Family Thaler own and run the site which was opened over 60 years ago and the first one to open on the Ossiachersee. Jodl Camping, Alt Ossiach (which is at the Eastern end of the lake on the Southern side). Page 271. Site no 628.

Hope this info will help you. Any more help? Contact me. Happy Holiday.

Nov 5, 2006
Visit site
Tony sorry I could not reply last night but below list of sites.

Prumtal Camping, 5 star. Oberweiss near Bitburg is excellent you must try restaurant. Page 210 in ACSI Camping card book Site no. 466

Alisehof, 5 star, Bad Rippoldsau-Schapbach is excellent the owner Kurt is so helpful, New toilet/shower block fantastic. Good place to tour the Black Forest from. Page 178 Site No.371.

Both these sites we have been to many times and cannot fault. Will be back at Prumtal mid June on our way home.

Winkle-Landthal, Bishofsweiesen, near Bertchesgaden 4 star. Page 181. Site no 381.

It was the first time we had visited this site but we liked it we would go back again. So much to see in this area Eagles Nest, Konigsee, Ober Salzburg and of course Salzburg itself. Before we have stopped at a site nearer the Konigsee but it was not ACSI.

If you venture to here at Ossiachersee near Villach there are many ACSI sites but we have been coming here to Jodl for 6 years now staying 5 weeks at a time. Family Thaler own and run the site which was opened over 60 years ago and the first one to open on the Ossiachersee. Jodl Camping, Alt Ossiach (which is at the Eastern end of the lake on the Southern side). Page 271. Site no 628.

Hope this info will help you. Any more help? Contact me. Happy Holiday.
Dianne many thanks for the info.we will only be stopping overnight on ourway to Slovinia & then on to Croatia, But I will keep your recommendations for next year & concentrate on germany & Austria

Thanks again

Tony

Nov 19, 2006
Visit site
We have been to Slovenia in'07 and '08 and our route is on my website www.gandm.eu both times we went via Belguim and Germany all toll free only having to buy a vignette in Austria and Slovenia, hope that this helps.

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
Have a lovley holiday Tony and safe journeys. At the moment the weather down here in Austria is like the Med. up to 34 deg C but of course being in the mountains we do get the odd thunderstorms in the evening or at night. This does not worry us as the Days are wonderful. We went into Slovenia for a day last week and it was just as warm and sunny there then.

Am sure you would enjoy Germany and Austria very much next year.

Nov 5, 2006
Visit site
Have a lovley holiday Tony and safe journeys. At the moment the weather down here in Austria is like the Med. up to 34 deg C but of course being in the mountains we do get the odd thunderstorms in the evening or at night. This does not worry us as the Days are wonderful. We went into Slovenia for a day last week and it was just as warm and sunny there then.

Am sure you would enjoy Germany and Austria very much next year.
thank you for all replies Dianne,Graham. All noted van packed & hitched ready for off, tommorow morning 9.30 ferry

Regards Tony

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts