treamble valley cc site, nr truro, cornwall.

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
has anybody been here.i cant deceide were to go easter, whitsun or july.its doing my head in.we only got the new van october been away twice.i love cornwall but would it be long run with 2 kids and a dog.sat nav says 4 1/2 hours that means about 5-6 with a van and stops, but isnt that what caravanning is all about?.help, i need some guidence and help with my spellings, lol.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
jo-anne it's a lovely site and up to the usual expectations of the C.C. Your dog would enjoy it too. The travelling is up to you. Personally for me, it would be too far to go for a weekend because its not just the 41/2 hours travelling its the setting up etc which leaves little time for doing anything before doing everything in reverse to set off home again.

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
We had a few days on this site about 5 years ago, and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. You can either pitch in the woods or in the open if you prefer. It's quite off the beaten track as regards to location, and the entrance is down quite a steep hill. If you have a twin axle there are restrictions on length, as it may require two pitches. The CC web site will tell you more if you decide to book. I would definately recommend this site!

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
jo-anne it's a lovely site and up to the usual expectations of the C.C. Your dog would enjoy it too. The travelling is up to you. Personally for me, it would be too far to go for a weekend because its not just the 41/2 hours travelling its the setting up etc which leaves little time for doing anything before doing everything in reverse to set off home again.
hi lord b, have you been to a lot of sites in cornwall?. we love cornwall.i have family in indian queens.we used to go to treyarnon bay caravan park nr st merryn (as kids) .nothing on the park but fantastic beach and outstanding huge rockpool to swim in.my partner craig used to go to mother iveys bay every year.we have hired cottages etc for the last 6 years so now bought a brand new caravan.

if we went to cornwall it would be for at least 7 days.i could do a weekend it would be a total waste of time.

any sites you could recommend?.

i have booked the cc site in hayle for july but im unsure thats its a long drive?.

help

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
jo-anne I haven't actually stayed at Treamble Valley but checked it out once when staying at the C.C. site at Marazion. The Marazion site is cheap because it has no facilities but it is a lovely location. There's a quiet lane at the back of the site and across the road there's a wood where you can take your dog. The downside of the wood is that locals use it too and although theres a poo bin at the gate most locals dont bother scooping so I tended to use a small wood on the opposite side of the road and behind the site. Another nice site is http://www.carnon-downs-caravanpark.co.uk/ which is near Truro and central to reaching all parts of Cornwall. In a fortnight we are going to http://www.oldkerrowfarmholidaypark.co.uk/ for 9 or 11 days, weather depending.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Jo-anne

We stayed at Treamble for 2 weeks last August.The weather was hot and the site was full, but it isn't a cramped site. Its basically 3 or 4 fields and all the pitches are around the outside, so you nearly always overlook open space. There's only one toilet block, which can be a hike from the more distant pitches.We thoroughly enjoyed our stay, there are some lovely walks around the site, but it is quite remote and you need the car for everything. Lots of open spaces for kids to play in too.

I'd recommend going out of the main holiday season as Newquay and Perranporth were virtual no go areas.

Enjoy

C

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
Hi Jo-anne

The only thing I would add is remember with your home following you, you can stop whenever,wherever you like,!! I did cornwall from the northwest with a three(at that tIme)and two year old! we stopped halfway(burnham-on-sea)and it was a real adventure and all added to the holiday !set off next morn refreshed and stress free !!just add a day eaither side!

Tina x

Feb 15, 2006
Visit site
Hi Jo-anne

The only thing I would add is remember with your home following you, you can stop whenever,wherever you like,!! I did cornwall from the northwest with a three(at that tIme)and two year old! we stopped halfway(burnham-on-sea)and it was a real adventure and all added to the holiday !set off next morn refreshed and stress free !!just add a day eaither side!

Tina x
thanks tina, thats what ive been thinking about.i will proberbly take the kids out of school a few days earlier aswell.one of the reasons is a couple of years ago we got stuck coming back from cornwall after a cottage holiday and it took us 10 hours because the was an accident on the m5.it was so difficult because our youngest son had just come off a feeding tube (as he was very prem) it was a nightmare.but i just love cornwall.where did you stay when you stopped off and when you got to cornwall?.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts