Treamble Valley CC site

Apr 18, 2005
Visit site
I will be staying at Treamble Valley CC site in July and I would appreciate it if anyone had specific directions to the site from off of the A3075 Newquay - Goonhaven road. I am familiar with the route to the A3075 as I have stayed at the Travella site at Crantock several times but I have recently joined the CC and have never been to the Treamble Valley site. The last couple of mile look as though they are on very narrow roads so I would hate to take a wrong turn at the last hurdle. Thanks in advance for any help.

Alan

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
I just put a search in for Treamble Valley Alan, dont know if it will throw up an answer for you though. I remember looking at the instructions and shared your concern so whilst down that way I decided to check it out. Although the site was closed I failed to find it. I found it the following year and the wardens were getting it ready for opening so maybe when sites close for the winter they remove the signs. Unfortunately I can't remember how I found it although I recall it was on a back road.

May 4, 2005
Visit site
Hi Alan, sorry can't give exact route as CC book and road map in Bina's car and she's out however we stayed about 3 years ago and remember the last few miles are a bit tight but we managed with nearly 8 metres of twin axle behind a lwb Maverick. There are passing places if you meet a car coming the other way but would stuggle if you met another van so arrive after noon to be save.There are a couple of sharp ,blind turns but just keep you speed down and let everyone got out of your way ;O) Lovely site with some good walks and some very good places to eat nearby. Have a great break. Brian (",)

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Alan, from Newquay on the A3075, about 41/4 miles from Newquay, turn Right at 2nd Rejerrah signpost (which is about 1/4 mile past 1st sign for Rejerrah).

Follow road which is a bit narrow, you should come to kind of junction with a very high hedge directly in front of you,turn LEFT up the hill, and you will come to a sharp RIGHT hand bend. Site entrance will be in front of you as you drive towards another sharp left hand bend. Beware of vehicles from the left as you cross the road into the entrance.

Just as you enter there is a CL on your right at a farm shop, drive straight on for another 1/4 mile, Treamble is there.

You will need to use the tv point on the ehu for TV, unless you have satellite, and mobile phones do NOT work on site, incoming or outgoing. You have to stop at the top of the hill on the way in or out to use Mobiles!!!

If you take a wrong turning, as I did,you end up going in a large circle, on a VERY narrow road, with absolutely no way of turning, or any passing places, but a Grand Espace and Abbey GTS Vogue 420 does fit,just!!!

Apr 18, 2005
Visit site
Alan, from Newquay on the A3075, about 41/4 miles from Newquay, turn Right at 2nd Rejerrah signpost (which is about 1/4 mile past 1st sign for Rejerrah).

Follow road which is a bit narrow, you should come to kind of junction with a very high hedge directly in front of you,turn LEFT up the hill, and you will come to a sharp RIGHT hand bend. Site entrance will be in front of you as you drive towards another sharp left hand bend. Beware of vehicles from the left as you cross the road into the entrance.

Just as you enter there is a CL on your right at a farm shop, drive straight on for another 1/4 mile, Treamble is there.

You will need to use the tv point on the ehu for TV, unless you have satellite, and mobile phones do NOT work on site, incoming or outgoing. You have to stop at the top of the hill on the way in or out to use Mobiles!!!

If you take a wrong turning, as I did,you end up going in a large circle, on a VERY narrow road, with absolutely no way of turning, or any passing places, but a Grand Espace and Abbey GTS Vogue 420 does fit,just!!!
Hi Damian

Thanks for the specific directions as I thought it looked a bit tricky. I have the leads etc for the tv point and I suspected that the mobile would be difficult.

Thanks again

Alan

Apr 18, 2005
Visit site

Hi Damian

Just a brief line to thank you for the excellent directions to Treamble Valley CC site. It was our first time on this site and I thought it was great. The shower & toilet facilities were first class and we managed to get a great pitch. The weather was great also which made the holiday, only 2 hrs rain in 2 weeks.

Pity about the traffic on the A30 due to the roadworks, got stuck for about 3 hrs on the way down but set off early on the way back and missed all of the jams.

I will definitely go back to Treamble again.

Once again, thanks for the info, it is this sort of thing that this forum is good for.

Alan

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts