Tree mark

Sep 7, 2017
Visit site
Hi all on a recent trip i got a bit close to a overhanging branch. This has left a mark running most of the length on our elddis autoquest 180. It does look more of a mark than a scratch. I have given it a good scrub when washing the van but the mark is still there. the mark is also along one of the side windows. Any tips on removing or just lighting the mark. .

Thanks in advance for any advice.
Simon

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
I haven't got an answer, but I have the same problem - in my case, lost a top marker light too! That'll be easy to replace when I get home, but I'll watch with interest for suggestions about the marks.
I'll post here if I find anything elsewhere.

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site
I was once told to use Brasso on window scratches - it does work for minor scratches.
For marks on the body have you tried cream cleaner? Be gentle as it can start to get the paint off though.

Jun 18, 2020
Visit site
Hi Simon
I did something similar to you with a barrier and after several attempts with various products I came across a suggestion to use toothpaste. I know this sounds a bit daft, but in my case it has worked.
regards. David

Reactions: JezzerB
Jan 31, 2018
Visit site
All eg brasso toothpaste are mild abrasives and similar but maybe a bit harsher than t cut or a polishing compound. After cutting polish eg autoglym sr polish for a good shine. Take care though or you can end up with a dull patch.

Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
Try a good quality bodywork polish like Autoglym, Mer or Care-a-van on the light scratches in the sidewall paintwork. Start with a new microfibre cloth too as any grits in the cloth will do their own damage. I would also try these on the window scratch before trying any mild abrasives. If using toothpaste apply with a damp cloth in a circular motion across the area of the mark.

Jun 18, 2020
Visit site
This may well be an old topic, however I am sure that like me a lot of people look to this forum for answers to their problems and not necessarily to answer the problem which has been posted

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
This may well be an old topic, however I am sure that like me a lot of people look to this forum for answers to their problems and not necessarily to answer the problem which has been posted
If you have a question that needs an answer it's usually better to start a new thread with your specific question rather than opening a thread which is years old.
Moderators are suspicious when old threads are reopened (necroposting) because it's a tactic often employed by spammers who test our defences before adding unauthorised adverts to the message boards.
The forum guidelines ask bona fide members to avoid necroposting.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Try a good quality bodywork polish like Autoglym, Mer or Care-a-van on the light scratches in the sidewall paintwork. Start with a new microfibre cloth too as any grits in the cloth will do their own damage. I would also try these on the window scratch before trying any mild abrasives. If using toothpaste apply with a damp cloth in a circular motion across the area of the mark.
Would that suggestion be good on a car

Jan 31, 2018
Visit site
Yes but if you can feel the scratch with your nail then you may improve it by smoothing the edges butt normally solve it but you can get great resu lt. I use Farecla scratch remover then colour restored then something like autonomy srp. Lots of elbow grease. It's a bit like playing g Russian roulette though as too much and you go through the clearcoat or pain t and then it needs proper paint.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts