Tree sap on caravan roof

Jul 3, 2006
Visit site
We park our caravan near sycamore trees with the inevitable coating on the roof, Has anyone got experience of a product that stops this stuff sticking?, we don't want to use a cover as the site is very windy.

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
We kept out Caravans at home under trees and had problems with Pine resin sticking itself and other vegitation to the vans many years ago.

I cleaned the old boat roof Swift and then T-cut the stains and polished polished it with Autoglym until it looked like new and then used a Silicone wax polish.

Paint / Fibreglass repair shops hate Silicone polishes as it stops the Paint or Resins from sticking so takes a lot more preperation so seemed like a logical idea. Since then our other vans have had the same treatment making them easy to clean off anyting thrown at them.

May 22, 2006
Visit site
Hi Gary

We stayed at Setthorns last year and the car and caravan ended up covered in sap. The advice from local bodywork garage was to remove the sap with Methelated Spirit,then a coat of quality wax, works fine.

Regards

Ray

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Gary - cut the b****y things down - Sycamore trees are classed in the botanical world as weeds. Their wood is of very little use in either the construction or furniture industry.

Jul 3, 2006
Visit site
I would but they have preservation orders on them and we live in a national park so I'd have to chainsaw through a few parks officers to get to the tree (as an ex windermere waterskier, I like that idea)

Mar 29, 2005
Visit site
hi see, www.fenwicks.info they do a caravan over winter product,you could use this.just wash when finished with it or leave it on to protect the roof.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts