Trethem Mill, anybody been?

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Trying Trethem Mill this year and was wondering if anyone has any experiences of it. On paper it looks really good.
Tried Merrose Farm last year and wasn't at all impressed.

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
Hi Thingy, Trethem Mill has to be one of the best sites we have been to. Nice owners,immaculate facilities, pizza van, fish and chips van bliss. And the location is really good. Would definitely return.

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, it certainly looks very good and have found the owners very accommodating so far. St Mawes just up the road was a real disappointment. We were very lucky with our pitch but some of the pitches were awful and looked very hemmed in. Cant say the wardens impressed me too much either. Although we had a good time, I would never take the risk of going again in case we got one of the bad pitches.

May 24, 2014
Visit site
We were watching people really struggle. One guy had to unbolt his A-frame to get the nose low enough to level the van, others on the double row pitches couldn't always get out without a right performance when leaving or arriving if the front row were occupied. A number of other pitches put the caravan in a position where coming out the door of the caravan you would be right in the roadway and absolutely no space to put up an awning. The wardens couldn't be bothered to tell people which pitches were free of about to become so and consequently there were units moving every which way trying to find a pitch. I have never seen anything as confused in all my years of caravaning.

We were extremely lucky in our pitch but it could have been so very different and I wouldn't want to take that chance again. The site is well maintained and pretty, no argument there, it was just the difficulties some poor people were having.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts